The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
I think you make a very good point JR about Christmas. I had a re-feed last summer in my 10 day holiday, and I still haven't recovered - I've been on a 6 month plateau/gain since then. So relaxing for that time was not beneficial at all.

I'm very interested in others experiences, and to understand this more .
I don't have any scientific proof or studies or data to show that eating more than your TDEE (refeeding) does something other than I've tried it and it seems to be working for me (I should add that I'm in maintenance)

The idea is to mix it up and exceed the TDEE for 1-2 days a week, fast two days and stay within TDEE the rest of the time. I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and I'm surprised by the results; my weight seems to have stabilized after a yo-yo of about 3 pounds

In a way it makes logical sense to me. I've been CC for the best part of a year and not going over my TDEE and since Nov, fasting 2 days a week. I think the fact that my weight loss has slowed down considerably and my weight isn't stabilizing is because my body has gotten used to these low calories and is may be going into starvation mode, conserving energy - so for me, confusing it by mixing it up seems to be a good thing.

My only suggestion is if you're plateauing then try it and see if it works?
Thanks @jeninboston, but thats pretty much what I'm doing; relaxing at weekends, a couple of fast days, and eat just under TDEE in between. Hoping the low-carb thing will break through the plateau.
18 posts Page 2 of 2