The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Yummy Fasting Day Food!!
11 Sep 2013, 12:29
Hi everyone!

So today I am fasting and have to say I have just enjoyed the most delicious salad for lunch...homemade kale and spinach salad with grated carrot, red onion and garlic, massaged in peanut, lime and cayenne pepper dressing with M&S lime and coriander chicken!! Absolute delight and thoroughly enjoyed eating it...and it only came in at 225 calories for a plateful!

I like to ensure that all of my food tastes good and interesting, so as not to get bored with this WoE. What are other people's favourite fast day delights?

Lots of love and luck, Pinchypops xx
Re: Yummy Fasting Day Food!!
11 Sep 2013, 12:37
Never mind the food, I just want the massage *rubs cricked neck*
11 Sep 2013, 12:40
Hi pinch pops sounds good :heart:
My favorite fastday meal is spicy chicken (tandoori/Cajun/piri-piri
With an absolutely massive salad with everything on it especially one stem of celery + beetroot + jalapenos a little low salad cream + balsamic vinegar. Mmm that's tomorrow's fastday meal sorted :heart:
Will try yours out deffo. :clover: Sue. :clover:

Oh yes the massage :heart: will have that for dessert :heart: :heart:
11 Sep 2013, 12:53
Jealous! I just ate a Chia Pod from Whole Foods market. 150 cal. Feeling deprived .....
11 Sep 2013, 13:56
Since I haven't eaten anything during this day (just water and tea), not even nibbling on my home grown cherry tomatoes :wink: all my 500kcal will go into dinner. Since my 14yr old son need normal food (he is so underweight) and I refuse to cook different meals, this is probably the best way for me to deal with it all. I just used my calorie counter app (Fat Secret) to calculate todays dinner and I landed on just 437kcal for my portion of a casserole of potatoes, "falukorv" (typical Swedish sausage), onion and stock. Hurray! :-D
5 posts Page 1 of 1