The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

17 posts Page 1 of 2
2 consecutive days? Help please
22 Jul 2013, 20:35
Nearly 5 months of 5:2 & excellent results but it IS getting harder now, which I think is only to be expected as I have less now to lose - that, combined with the fact that 3 weeks holidays are imminent, means that I've got to stay on the ball to try and avoid disappointment.

This week, the only 2 days that I can fast are Monday & Tuesday, but I'm not at all sure whether 2 consecutive days works - on the basis that it's INTERMITTENT fasting that works.

Advice needed (fairly rapidly for obvious reasons!) please my friends.
Hi:

Two in a row works fine. The reason it is not recommended is that you can get really hungry and then decide to quit because 5:2 is 'to hard'. :smile:
If 2 consectutive is your only choice then give it a shot, if the second day doesn't work out then don't beat yourself up, you'll most likely have at the very least a lower-cal day. Some of the other IF books do 2 consectutive days, Dr. Moseley separated the fast days for sustainablity. :)
5:2+16+8 means you get to fast the first day on 500 cals and second day don't eat until 1pm. But you are free to eat for next 8 hours . Both are placing you into fasting zone
I'll do it with you Annie. I've just decided. I'm on a plateau and I've got a big foodie weekend away so as i've just woken not hungry dut to yesterdays fast I'll add today in to keep you company. I also want to get to the next size down before a holiday in Phuket in October. I've done consecutive days once before. Its not as easy as non consecutive days but it is doable. Let's give it a shot! Whatever we desire today-we can have tomorrow. :-) :like: :clover:
You go girls I am sure you can just do it
Hi I've done 2 days consecutive with no problems but doesn't suit everyone + if you can't manage it worry not :clover: Sue
Hey good stuff Julianna, nice to have some company :)

Now I think about it, the version I saw in French was 2 consecutive days, so why not!

I'm riding tomorrow evening & won't be able to eat until 21h30 so if I feel lightheaded before riding I'll break the fast rather than risk an accident - worst case scenario it'll be a 16:8 :)

Thanks for all the support guys :heart:

See you here tomorrow for an update :like:
How d'it go Julianna?

I managed it but only because I was SO busy, I was out of the office from 12 midday to 17h30 at which point I went to the stables & rode, finally got home & had supper @ 21h15

I think it may have been a bit too much if I hadn't been so busy. However, am happy that
I've got one in the bag prior to 2 days entertaining customers :like:

So, my opinion on consecutive day fasting - difficult, but doable. Wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis, and everything needs to be in your favour!
I agree Annie with everything you said. I was successful too. Yeh! I got to 0.1kg under my lowest weight so after Thursdays fast I am hoping to see some downward movement. It was easy at work but once I got home I was a bear-cranky and tired and not much fun to live with so I put myself to bed at 8pm without any supper!
Its morning now and I'm glad we did it but its not for every week. Xx :-)
Hey partner, you have a distinct advantage over me - you're now 'tomorrow' morning & can have breakfast, I'm in bed & only dreaming about it!

Thanks for the support, there was more than one moment today that I thought about you & it spurred me on :heart:
Same here. Its because of you that I didn't have some wine and had a good sleep instead. :-) xx
Well, the 2 days resulted in 1kg loss which is FABULOUS :grin:

However My "official" weigh (i.e. the one that I track as the key indicator) is on a Friday morning, after fast 2 of the week. Since I'm entertaining today & Thursday we'll see what Friday morning brings shall we :wink:
OMG WOW!!! Thats fantastic Annie- woohoo!!!! Good luck for Friday!:-)
17 posts Page 1 of 2