The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

8 posts Page 1 of 1
The day after yesterday
24 Oct 2013, 14:45
Thursday is normally a fast day for me, but due to lack of sleep and severe sciatic pain, I just couldn't find it in me to fast too.

Last night me and The DH went to Ericsson Globe Arena here in Stockholm, Sweden and saw/lived Fleetwood Mac's next last show here in Europe. Oh my my my, it was great! I don't care what the critics said, it was marvelous 2.5hrs. :smile: FM has been my favorite group since Rumors and we saw them 4 yrs ago, but this concert was even better. Warmer, more humorous, more personal and touching.

The next concert is in the Netherlands and then - Australia and New Zeeland. If you have the possibility to see them - do!!!

But all that rocking blow my sciatic nerve and when we got home it was totally impossible to go to sleep....to much adrenaline ;)

Next week will be as bad re fasting, Monday will do but then nothing until Thursday the week after. Can't imagine to fast while traveling.... :wink:
Re: The day after yesterday
24 Oct 2013, 14:54
Glad you enjoyed a great concert. Sorry to hear about the sciatic pain. One of my friends was dealing with bad sciatica and none of the treatments were working for her. Someone suggested she go gluten free and in desperation she did and the sciatica healed up. So maybe there is something to this 'reducing inflammation load on your system' stuff.

For your traveling... maybe you could try 16:8 while you are away? Skip breakfast. Then eat lunch/dinner within youf 8 hour window. Repeat.

Goodluck!
24 Oct 2013, 14:56
Firstly commiserations re sciatica..i have it too..very painful when it flares up..just read what Carlene said and that is worth a try,thanks Carlene x
Secondly how fabtastic to see FM..wd love to see them live..such a long and varied history they have thru the decades!
I can well understand how adrenaline stopped you sleeping..how to come down from such a high!
Hope youre enjoying yr fastfree day and reliving and reminiscing over the FM experience! X
16:8 could work well for you after next Mons fast .....
24 Oct 2013, 19:51
I'm so sorry about your sciatica Wolfie. I have watched my father suffer from it for years.
However the concert sounds amazing. I'm seeing them in November, so I will report in after.
27 Oct 2013, 22:33
@Wolfie, after you got me all excited about going to Fleetwood Mac in November, they have cancelled their Australian tour as John McVie has cancer. I hope all goes well for him.
28 Oct 2013, 12:56
Wineoclock wrote: @Wolfie, after you got me all excited about going to Fleetwood Mac in November, they have cancelled their Australian tour as John McVie has cancer. I hope all goes well for him.

Holy cow!!! Then we was incredible fortunate that John had the strenght to do our concert. As you, I hope for all the best for him!
28 Oct 2013, 19:18
Ohh that is so sad ..
So sorry about John but very disappointed for you Wineo
But,having to smile about wolfie's holy cow! Great expression :0) x
28 Oct 2013, 21:13
@Wolfie try a massage therapist, or one that also deals with Reiki. I have a monthly hour long session with a masseuse who just happens to be an instructor at my local collage in sports massage, normal massage and the more esoteric 'hands on' therapies. I see her mostly to get the cramps out of my hips, back and shoulders caused by my prolapsed disk in my neck (she doesn't go anywhere near the neck). The major thing she does for me is to re-align my pelvis, its not painful, just a gentle falling into place, but with me over compensating for the other pains with posture and balance, it tends to throw my pelvis out.

The one month I didn't see her I was in hospital with severe sciatica. I am due another visit next week and sitting here I can feel the tension in the back/hip/leg that's just waiting for the right moment/movement to twang.
8 posts Page 1 of 1