The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

3 posts Page 1 of 1
So here's my questions .....
13 Feb 2013, 13:38
Hi

I'm fast approaching 60yrs, 5ft 2ins and 11st 6lbs. :oops:

Can somebody please tell me how much I should be eating on a non fast day please?

I'm not a great meat/fish eater and would also like to ask what type of things I should be eating to cut down on the carbs. My diet has always been very carb heavy and I think if I can overcome that I'll be more successful.

Grateful for any help that anyone can give me.
To find out how much you should be eating on feed (and fast) days, please go to the TDEE calculator (link in FAQ - see below). Input your details and you will get your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Take the TDEE as what you may consume on a feed day and use a quarter of that for how much you should have on your fast days.

The best way to cut down on carbs is to have lots more vegetables. Stir fries are good, so are oven-roasted vegetables.
Also try to replace some of your starches with vegetables: Use sweet potato instead of potatoes. Use a mixture of celeriac root and potatoes for mashed potato. You can replace spaghetti with strips of courgette (use a potato peeler to peel off strips and either steam or microwave for a short time).
Basically, the more veg you eat, the less room in your stomach for carbs ;-)
Great ! many thanks for you advice - I'm off to check it out now !!
3 posts Page 1 of 1