The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Started this yesterday (my 1st Fasting Day), will eat normal today (Fast Tomorrow), then start again next week (Probably due Monday / Thursday).. Do people see weight loss in 1st week or does it take time like most diets? So far I really seem to enjoy since my 1st Fast day went smooth .. Just looking to see peoples experience with weight lost for the first couple weeks.. Please let me know..
People seem to fall into two categories: those who get a big drop in weight immediately but then have no, or v little, change for a week and those who see no change in the first week or so but then start to shed the pounds.

Best thing is not to weigh for a month then you'll be sure to see a weight loss!
Are you really from the US too? Am I not the lone yank anymore? ;-)

I think Monday/Thursday is ideal. I find if I do fast day/feed day/fast day that the second fast day is a bit harder than if I put two feed days between them. But everyone's result may vary.

I've been pretty steadily losing 1 lb per week. I'm extremely happy with that, because I find this diet so much easier than Weight Watcher or any other diet I've been on. I have one day where I just have to remind myself "I can have that tomorrow" - and indeed I do! Perhaps I could lose weight a bit faster if I was more moderate on my feed days, but I don't care. I could not be happier.

I have found that naturally my appetite has reduced a bit. I sat down last night to my fast day dinner, and I only ate about half of it before I was just too full to continue. This morning, I only ate about half of my yogurt and toast before I was completely full. But then tonight I had a lovely filet mignon, asparagus, roasted potatoes and roasted cauliflower followed by a gorgeous celebratory dessert from an amazing local bakery -- all accompanied by red wine. And there's no guilt at all because I did so well on my two fast days this week. I feel fantastic.

It's so amazing losing weight this way. I could not be happier.
LOL I guess it's apparent I've been drinking tonight!!
Tracieknits wrote: Are you really from the US too? Am I not the lone yank anymore? ;-)

I think Monday/Thursday is ideal. I find if I do fast day/feed day/fast day that the second fast day is a bit harder than if I put two feed days between them. But everyone's result may vary.

I've been pretty steadily losing 1 lb per week. I'm extremely happy with that, because I find this diet so much easier than Weight Watcher or any other diet I've been on. I have one day where I just have to remind myself "I can have that tomorrow" - and indeed I do! Perhaps I could lose weight a bit faster if I was more moderate on my feed days, but I don't care. I could not be happier.

I have found that naturally my appetite has reduced a bit. I sat down last night to my fast day dinner, and I only ate about half of it before I was just too full to continue. This morning, I only ate about half of my yogurt and toast before I was completely full. But then tonight I had a lovely filet mignon, asparagus, roasted potatoes and roasted cauliflower followed by a gorgeous celebratory dessert from an amazing local bakery -- all accompanied by red wine. And there's no guilt at all because I did so well on my two fast days this week. I feel fantastic.

It's so amazing losing weight this way. I could not be happier.

Yes I'm from the states. I'm from Pennsylvania. Thanks for ideas. This plan seems to work well by my research on it .
Drinking is fine! :). More words the better
W00t!

Hubby and I are in upstate NY. :-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1