The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Two-to-Two Fasting?
17 Feb 2013, 13:08
Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone had tried the "two-to-two" fasting suggested in The Fast Diet book? You stop eating after lunch at 2pm and then "eat sparingly" until 2pm the next day when you can have a normal lunch. If it works as well, it would definitely be an even easier way to fast!

Although it's only for 24 hours, unlike the 32+ hours you'd be fasting in a whole day fast :?

Any thoughts welcome :)
Re: Two-to-Two Fasting?
17 Feb 2013, 18:49
There are some other threads on this. Don't have time to look them out (sorry) but they will give you the answers you need. Look in frequently asked questions or general chat...
19 Feb 2013, 02:59
I cannot imagine the weight loss is nearly as fast doing this.
23 Feb 2013, 15:53
You were right Tracie! I tried it twice and found I actually ended up eating way more than I usually would for lunch on both days because of the immediate anticipation of not eating. Having a sleep before and after a fast day definitely helps you avoid over-compensating.
24 Feb 2013, 18:28
I just know myself, and I would totally overcompensate!!! There have been a few times I have fasted from about 7pm one night, until dinner the next, tried to just a healthy (i.e. veggie heavy) and modest dinner without counting calories, and then gone to bed. That doesn't seem to impact me at all.

Of course I'm not losing weight as fast as some other people - I'm down 8.5 lbs since Jan 8. I'm happy with the pace, and very happy with my 5 days ;-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1