The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

9 posts Page 1 of 1
4:3 instead??
11 Mar 2013, 19:28
Have been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks and find weekends really hard. I fast mondays and thursdays then friday sat and sun i just eat and eat. wondering if i do mon weds fri i might not feel so bad eating over the weekend?? any advice??
Re: 4:3 instead??
11 Mar 2013, 19:49
Perhaps one of Fri, Sat, Sun needs to be a fast day ? Could still be 5:2. Depends if the issue is the overeating or the number of fast days.

Could fasting Friday make Sat/Sun worse ?
11 Mar 2013, 20:17
Just stick with it as the issue is with the overeating (perceived permission to eat) not the fasting, once you get a bit bored of the freedom, it'll be less of an issue. Promise, may take a few weeks though if you've been very restrictive before. :-)
11 Mar 2013, 20:29
Joy of this diet ya can eat wat u like five days of the week don't feel bad about eating what you want, Ive had a Indian takeaway chocolate pudding with ice cream and bit to much alcohol last weekend and still lost weight! Be very good during week I think allows a bit of naughtiness at weekends.
11 Mar 2013, 21:14
Wouldn't say I'm over eating, more just eating the wrong stuff, if you offered me a chocolate bar or a piece of fruit I'd probably take the chocolate lol. I don't know if its the 3 days in a row of 'normal' eating that makes it worse. I may try mon weds fri this week and if it doesn't make a difference ill know I just need to try harder x
11 Mar 2013, 21:18
I do ADF so I eat more but fast more, doesn't make much difference according the the Tracker stats.

I had a definite munchies phase, which is why I'm saying stick it out.
11 Mar 2013, 21:19
I think a lot of people go through this bingeing phase but it wears off! Maybe 4:3 will help to re-educate your eating habits quicker. If not, return to 5:2 and just give it time, as BBT053 has said.
11 Mar 2013, 23:25
Hi! I started with 5:2 then went to ADF but last couple of weeks a m doing 4:3 which is a good medium. I do Sunday/Tuesday/Thurday.. but if i am out Sunday then swap to Saturday.
12 Mar 2013, 07:03
In my experience 4:3 made the munchies worse as you feel more "on a diet"

Although I was toying with no Food on Fast days, and that was too hard.

Why not try first a mini fast, so on one or other days, stop at 6 pm and then get past midday without eating following day, you can have a light lunch and a decent dinner and still be looking at a reasonable calorie intake for the day?

I suppose it depends on what you are indulging in, meals or snacks.
9 posts Page 1 of 1