The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Hiya all

Just wondered if you have to count fruit that contain 'negative calories' on your fast days? Eg. Oranges and apples, as I read these use more calories to digest than they contain making the calories negative or zero.

I've been having them as snacks on my fast days if I need a boost.
Yes everything gets counted, even milk in drinks etc...
Yes, sorry...some fruits are high in calories (bananas for example).
I count everything on fast days but I like the sound of anything with negative calories :-)
Indeed, you doing every calorie that goes in and don't get extra calories for what you expend whether it be through exercise or digestion! :)
raspberryrabbits wrote: Hiya all

Just wondered if you have to count fruit that contain 'negative calories' on your fast days? Eg. Oranges and apples, as I read these use more calories to digest than they contain making the calories negative or zero.

I've been having them as snacks on my fast days if I need a boost.

No such thing as negative calories. You count everything.
Sorry, negative calories is a big of jiggery-pokery. Count the calories in EVERYTHING you eat, even fruit and veg.
Sounds nice, negative calories, if only they existed! We could all lose weight by just eating apples and oranges for a while :-) Alas, fruit contains sugar. That's why you get the boost.
I count everything on fast days.
Indeed, unless you are eating ice cubes (they have zero calories and the body spends energy to adjust its temperature) you have to count all the calories you eat.
The only reason why the diets with foods which supposedly have negative calories work is because you eat stuff with very low calories. Also, some of these foods are high in vitamins and you feel good.
TML13 wrote: Indeed, unless you are eating ice cubes (they have zero calories and the body spends energy to adjust its temperature)

Hardly any though!
Dunno, to be honest I don't eat ice cube. My mum does though and she's super-thin. Hmmmmmm.... ;-)
15 posts Page 1 of 1