The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been meaning to do a 24 hour fast for quite a while but I was not convinced I could do it. Yesterday, we had a late lunch at 2.30, this was my first meal since 7p.m., the night before but was enough to keep me full for for the rest of the day. As usual, this morning I had no breakfast and was so busy that it was 3.30 p.m. before I broke my fast meaning I had gone for over 24 hours without food. To my surprise it was no worse than a normal fast day and even though I am on maintenance, and have been for some weeks, I was really pleased that I had done it as I now know that it does not prove fatal or turn you into a gibbering idiot although the jury is still out on the last one.

I know that at some point in the future I will have to fast again due holidays, special occasions etc but now the dreaded 24 hour fast will hold no fears for me and if anyone else is considering trying it I would say 'go for it' you will feel invigorated and quite surprised and chuffed with yourself.

Good luck however you all choose to do this way of life, the most important thing is that you are all doing it, I shall never give it up as I'd miss you all too much, lovely people,

Ballerina x
Well done! It's surprising how much of hunger is all in the mind!
Well done, I am still surprised I can go 24hrs without being too bothered, especially when I keep myself busy. Today am contemplating a 36hr fast, just this evening and sleep to go and then tomorrow morning I'm hoping for the same feeling!
Well done, Ballerina, both for the 24-hour fast and for reaching maintenance! And I think you are right that "keeping busy" is the secret of distracting the mind from hunger pangs.
Are there advantages to a 24hr fast or is it just personal preference?
@Sarjsmith , the advantage for many is that if you don't eat, you don't get as hungry. For many it seems that if they don't eat till dinner time for example, its easier. it seems that as soon as food passes your lips it want MORE!. So by not waking the hunger monster up, you keep him at bay.

There is also the medical aspects, the longer the fast is within reason, eg. 24 hour or 36 hour with just liquids, the better the medical and repair benefits.
That's great Ballerina! A very good thing to know you can do it! :rainbow: :star:
7 posts Page 1 of 1