The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I've read that a few people have split their fast day over two days, ie 2pm-2pm .... can anyone tells me how this works? I've got a lunchtime meeting tomorrow, a meal out Thursday night and weekends are difficult to fit in a fast but I am not sure how to fit in a fast day in such a way rather than a normal whole day fast and whether it will work the same. I've been doing really well so far and don't want to "upset the apple cart" :confused:
It really depends on whether or nor you compensate for the lower calorie dinner,breakfast & lunch during the 24 hours. If you have an early normal lunch on day 1 and a late normal lunch on day 2 it's likely you won't have much calorie reduction.

I think Ken's approach where he includes lunch on day 2 as part of the fast and then doesn't eat until his normal dinner will work but if you treat the hours before and after the "official" fasting times as an opportunity to gorge, it won't work!

You need to ensure that by the end of the week you've consumed the same total calories as on a normal fast week.
2 posts Page 1 of 1