The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
This is my 3rd week in the fast diet and all is going well, although I have only just discovered this forum! One of my fast days fall while I'm at work so I find that I'm able to last the whole day without food and have a decent dinner at about 7:30pm. However this week is different as I don't finish work until 9pm and I'm worried I won't be able to last that long!! Have looked on this forum with regards to the use of diet fizzy drinks and was wondering what the general consensus was as to using them to last that little bit longer? Was thinking of drinking some diet coke at 7pm to last the extra 2 hours until dinner. What do people think??

Sorry that this is such a long post as my first. :D
Ooh, well that is the subject of a long debate on the forum! The official line from Dr M is that they are not forbidden but should be avoided if possible. I say have some diet coke (or black coffee) to see you through if you need to.

Good luck!
I think diet drinks are OK, no calories.

They are not really that healthy, the book tends to suggest you don't rely on them too much. But that doesn't mean you can't have one now and again to get you through :)

Fasting until 9pm is a very long time to go - I think it would take more more than a diet coke for me to make it!

Welcome to the forum, I'm new myself :)
Thanks for the quick replies.
I don't want to rely on them but don't want to split my 500 cals on one fast day but the other especially as I have established a routine but as you say going until 9pm is not going to work, so it won't be case of relying on them all the time.
4 posts Page 1 of 1