The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Great results!
Melinda_in_NC wrote: I also lost 3 more pounds and another inch around my waist.

So time to update the progress tracker and get officially into maintenance mode?
Hi @Melissa_in_nc

Great blood results and how interesting that they continue to improve with 16:8!

Re blood pressure: there are lots of things that can affect bp so to get the most reliable results, the advice is to take it morning and evening at the same time of day,be seated with your back supported, feet flat on the ground (no crossed legs) in a warm room. Sit relaxed for at least 15 min before starting. Do not talk or move while the monitor is working. Do not eat or drink just before starting either! Take three measurements 5 mins apart and average the results of the last two. Discard the first one. The monitor needs to be level with your heart so your arm needs to be supported at the right height.

I found it was difficult to find time when I could meet all those requirements so I started taking it while lying in bed. That way I'd either just woken up so should definitely be relaxed or was about to go to sleep and so ditto. Although lying down gives a slightly lower reading, it's v small. It's also easier to have the monitor level with your heart as your heart is only a few inches higher than the bed!

The most important reading is the evening one. Your bp goes up in daytime and drops at night, if you don't get the evening dip that's worse than it being high in the morning.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, all. Yes, I was very surprised that my blood work (in other words, my health markers) have continued to improve at such a dramatic rate while doing 18/6 (well, I guess the average is 17/7, like you, @Carorees). This shows me that the eating window method works, too!

Thanks also for the BP tips. I like your ideas about lying in bed. I am going to try that, starting tonight.

Just as I thought I had a handle on a plan to reduce my stress, my 11-yr old daughter fell on concrete last night and we had to go to the ER with another concussion. She had one 16-months ago from falling off a horse. So that has me worried, obviously.
18 posts Page 2 of 2