The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Bloated
08 Oct 2013, 12:04
I have no idea what has happened or why, but I am bloated almost allover - abdomen, (which I was so happy that it have shrunk a bit), hips, the waist that is no waist, hands (hard to get wedding rings on)...Feet is OK and thighs too as is the face. I haven't lost one single gram, but gained even though I do fast twice a week... Sigh..
The only good thing is that The DH saw me in office clothes (which are quite new) and told me I looked good :smile:
Any idea of how to get this swolleness (I know, there is no such word) out of me??
Re: Bloated
08 Oct 2013, 12:53
Hmmmm did you eat or drink anything out of the norm? Bit more salt or bread than normal? Sounds like you are retaining a bit of water if fingers are swollen. Drink plenty of water (sounds odd to drink more if you are retaining but it should help with rebalancing your cells sodium levels).
08 Oct 2013, 12:54
Hi Wolfie. Sorry to hear you are bloated. Assuming you have discounted hormonal bloating, try knocking off salt for a few days and drinking lots of water. How is your carb intake?
08 Oct 2013, 17:32
I get this wolfie..can feel quite streamlined then next minute..bloaty and sausagy
Its uncomfortable and frustrating!
Am sure mine is carb related..i struggle to give up bread ..but it doesnt like me
Bought a spelt flour and rye loaf today to avoid wheatyness
I think its always either carbs or too much salt cause the bloating :0(
09 Oct 2013, 10:58
Thanks for the input, but the thing is that I haven't changed anything - still drink my water, salt my food like I always do and don't eat much bread...
Went to the pharmacy and came away with some stuff that is supposed to work on the puffed up tummy, but they don't sell anything to get rid of extra water without a prescription :-(
09 Oct 2013, 11:17
Hope that sorts you out Wolfie x just found this list online..

28 natural diuretics that'll flush out your excess water weight…

Green tea
Celery
Parsley

Dandelion
Juniper berries
Asparagus
Artichoke
Melon
Watercress
A high protein diet
Cranberry juice
Apple cider vinegar
Nettle
Dandelion leaf tea
Fennel
Any Natural foods with high water content
Watermelons
Cucumbers
Onions
Garlic

Brussel Spouts
Beets
Oats
Cabbage
Carrots
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Horseradish
09 Oct 2013, 15:09
Ah yes. Had forgotten. Thanks Candice. Dandelion tea works an absolute treat. tastes vile IMHO, but works :like:
09 Oct 2013, 18:50
Hi Wolfie, I can also suffer from the b-l-o-a-t. The culprit, for me anyway, are the white carbs and the excessive salt in processed foods.
10 Oct 2013, 00:25
Too much bread is my main culprit. But the other carbs especially highly refined ones can be nearly as devastating. Thankfully as long as you stick to the fasting, the fat loss will continue behind the scenes and as soon as you get rid of the bloat, the lost fat will show on the scales.
10 Oct 2013, 01:00
My worst day since I started this WOE is the day after I had some daal. Just a tiny bit as well. Oh my, was I uncomfortable. I don't remember doing anything in particular and was fine the next day or so.

Pizza the other night came close to making me feel that uncomfortable, but in that case it was the amount, I think (in general carbs haven't been bothering me, just filling me up quickly)
10 Oct 2013, 06:02
An epsom salt bath stops the bloating for me. I think maybe it is the magnesium in it that helps. It is inexpensive, stress relief. So win win there. :like:
11 posts Page 1 of 1