The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Changes in Dry Skin/Eczema
16 Oct 2013, 19:52
I am about to start fast day number 4 which will run from now through until Friday morning.

So far I've lost a little weight and seen an huge improvement in my digestive system which are both great benefits of this WOE so far... However another massive change I have found is that the eczema that I have had under my nose as at the tops of my arms for the past few months is disappearing! I've not used any new creams or taken any tablets to control it but it's healing up. Even with the cold weather and all... Could this be right? Has anyone else found these types of changes?
Re: Changes in Dry Skin/Eczema
16 Oct 2013, 20:12
This woe hasn't made any difference to my (small patches) of eczema, but it's great if it has done for you! May it continue.

It's sorbolene, cortisone cream and move away from the heater for me.

Has anyone found any other products which work a treat?
16 Oct 2013, 20:23
Sadly no...
I haven't had anything except the tiniest patches of eczema for about two years, until a few weeks ago when six months into 5:2 I suddenly had eczema and psoriasis again...
Why? Who knows?!
However, I'm delighted that yours has improved so much, yet another reason to keep up this WOE!
16 Oct 2013, 20:48
I'm so glad for you Teenie! My sister suffers with some eczema and I know it can be miserable to live with. You must be so please! xx
16 Oct 2013, 20:56
Yes. But it is because I have upped my fat intake. Especially coconut oil. More fat and less calories is possible !
16 Oct 2013, 21:08
It could also be because I've seriously upped my water intake on the fast days aswell I guess, my body is now more hydrated than it was. Whatever the reason this woe seems to agree with me :-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1