The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have started to feel sick with a cold-type illness 3 times on different fast days in the past 3 months. The 2nd time I started taking vitamins and immune boosters and have forestalled or shortened the sickness. Has anyone else experienced this side effect and what have they done sucessfully to prevent or combat it? Thanks for your help!
By 'sick' do you mean nauseous or just generally unwell? I've felt occasionally like I was getting a cold (slight sore throat etc) on a fast day in the morning, but it soon passed. I was unable to work out whether it was a cold I was getting anyway and the fasting actually helped me resist it or the fact that I was fasting. Because it happened early in the day when I hadn't really been fasting for very long, I am tending towards thinking that the fasting helped shake off an oncoming cold rather than it being a side-effect.
Dear Carorees,
Thanks for responding. I also am not sure about whether the fast brought on the cold or prevented me from getting one that was coming anyway. Anyway, I am take multis and immune boosters and may be run down from other stresses. I love this way of life and though my weight loss has slowed down to a crawl (partly because I went on vacation for 10 days and didn't fast, partly just overeating on feed days) I AM still losing slowly and still think this is the only WOE that works for me!
Anyway, if you have any more information about sicknesses and fasting, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
I'm strongly of the view that fasting has helped me keep colds at bay. As Caroline says, you never know what would have happened without the fasting, but at least three times in the last 18 months I've felt a cold starting, but 12 hours later, nothing much has happened.
5 posts Page 1 of 1