The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

17 posts Page 1 of 2
I used to enjoy a glass of wine, a beer or even some bourbon once or twice a week now it seems that I can't.

I mean, I can but it makes me sick.Last night I shared a beer with my boyfriend and I was sick as hell after. Sunday I had a glass of wine and I had a headache for hours after that.

I wonder if it's because of the diet, if my body rejets alcohol like it can rejects fatty food or sugary food ? Does anybody else has this kind of side effects ?

Thanks
No Sadly wish it would. :grin: .I do like my vino..There is nothing I have gone off!! with the diet only my appetite is'nt the same Sorry you were sick,Could be a good thing re alcohol however :wink:
Thank God, NO!

I still eat like a pig and drink ponds of alcohol and I'm as fine as I used to be. I just don't drink on fast days.
"Does it change how you drink alcohol?"................ NO.....I still drink it from a glass as I think that drinking straight from the wine box, is rather undignified!
:lol: :grin: :lol:
Ballerina x :heart:
I used to drink 6-7 days a week, but now do not drink at all on fast days. Hasn't changed how I drink on non-fast days though.
Silly you Ballerina :grin:

I drink wine straight from the bottle, wine boxes tend to give an after taste :razz:

So I guess it's just me who can't drink alcohol now that I am on a diet... pfffffff it's not fair....
Looks like you are in the minority Manderlay, I'm with TML, Ballerina et al.

Having said that I stopped drinking Monday - Thursday before I started 5:2, then after I started running on a Saturday morning I found that a boozy friday night wasn't a good idea.

It does still give me full weekend for a TML's "ponds of wine" :smile:
I am surprised by the answers so far . I have cut down a lot since starting 5.2, which is great. I was drinking most nights, it just sort of crept up over the years, and I had reached a level of exceeding government guidelines by quite a bit. I just sort of stuck my head in the sand, or rather curled my lips round my glass, and kept on going. The two fast days were a revelation in that I could go an evening without a drink and that has, over the months, resulted in my booze free days being most days - not ALL! (but yes most!) and I feel better for it. My food habits have changed too, although I was always a fairly healthy eater, but now I don't want huge portions. I am thrilled about the change to my drinking habits and am now well within government guidelines (most weeks :oops: ) In fact, I'm more delighted with the decrease in drinking than I am with having more control over my appetite! Great bonus is the money saved, just as well, as I keep on having to buy new clothes! The calories in red wine soon add up over a week, especially if you drink as much as I did and my weight loss has been really good. I've now lost 2 whole stones and still going down. I really enjoy wine now, and buy better quality than I used to and actually taste and savour it instead of just guzzling it down. I am convinced that 5.2 has reset my eating and drinking patterns and I am so grateful.
One glass of wine doesn't make me sick, but I'm much more of a light weight since starting IF. Also I've purposefully cut down a lot.
What a great topic. I have to say that I'm 4.3 ing at the moment as on 6 week holiday so trying to be focused. So last night I had a couple of refreshing white wines, but otherwise I'm tee total on fast days. But I have to admit that I could easily guzzle wine any night given the opportunity. But out of a glass mainly. You lot are so so funny, love this forum to bits. PS - just made lasagna for tomorrow's feed day. Which will be accompanied by a nice cold Pinot.
I'm like dhana was in that I drink far more than is good for me, I'm hoping that doing 5:2 will change my habits too. I'm at the end of my first week today and I've drunk alcohol on 4 out of 7 days - still not good but already an improvement!
Manderley any chance you could be pregnant? I knew I was pregnant before my periods stopped because the smell of beer made me heave and wine tasted like vinegar.
17 posts Page 1 of 2