The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

29 posts Page 2 of 2
chichi13 wrote:
Manderley wrote: Or probiotic yogurt, it usually works for me (Activia, for ex)

I forgot about it but since I take a tsp of apple cider vinegar, it's much more "regular". Apple cider vinegar does wonder, it's a natural laxative (forgot about it this morning....)

Apple cider vinegar for me too :like:

Do you just take it neat, if so how much 'does the trick?' :wink:
Apple cider vinegar is an acid. It shouldn't really be taken alone. Many recommend taking it with water, lemon and honey or your preferred sweetener. Some add it to tea or herbal tea. I have heard of some who just swig it down...but the acid is bad for your teeth and your throat so taking it with something is recommended.
callyanna wrote:
chichi13 wrote:
Manderley wrote: Or probiotic yogurt, it usually works for me (Activia, for ex)

I forgot about it but since I take a tsp of apple cider vinegar, it's much more "regular". Apple cider vinegar does wonder, it's a natural laxative (forgot about it this morning....)

Apple cider vinegar for me too :like:

Do you just take it neat, if so how much 'does the trick?' :wink:

I down 2 teaspoons in a large glass of warm water first thing in the morning, followed by another large glass of plain warm water, within the hour I'm good to go :oops:
Finally ended up going this morning (day 5!!) but it was so loose and very frustrating!!
I've actually had 4/5 days of eating well too so very annoying.
LilSmiler wrote: Finally ended up going this morning (day 5!!) but it was so loose and very frustrating!!
I've actually had 4/5 days of eating well too so very annoying.

:victory:
I sometimes find doing some excersise like going for a run can get things moving again.
For the apple cider vinegar and its acidity, it's not and doesn't affects my teeth or stomach, I even drink a pure lemon juice first thing in the monrning. :shock: The only rule is to wait 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything. :grin:

The apple cider vinegar I take one tsp pure in the evening and 1 to 2 tbsp (15ml) with hot water during the day. At first I was a bit worried about the taste but it really tastes great. The best apple cider vinager to take for that is the bio one, with some residus (called mother) in the bottle.

On a plus note, it's also a good remedy for hemorroids
Keeping up the fluids, good supply of plant based foods, prunes and moving eg exercise. Since my bread is reduced my habits changed and now have to really ensure enough fluids consumed especially when I wee a lot on fast days. The salty drink is important then too isn't it for sodium
Glad you've finally had success LilSmiler :-)

I think Weetabix is pretty good you know...and good old prunes :bugeyes:
Probably check out how much fibre people are eating also, including the feasts days. Could be it needs to be stepped up a bit or people are not eating enough :)

I do know about this subject having been a sufferer of constipation for decades which resulted in an op and still got issues.

Prevention is better than not eating enough fibre :wink:
Moogie wrote:
Good luck my dear, hope it, er... passes... soon!

Love it - not only clever, intelligent and a lovely looking lady - but she's a comic too @Moogie :rotfl: :rotfl:
izzy wrote:
43tweaker wrote: Apple cider vinegar is an acid. It shouldn't really be taken alone. Many recommend taking it with water, lemon and honey or your preferred sweetener. Some add it to tea or herbal tea. I have heard of some who just swig it down...but the acid is bad for your teeth and your throat so taking it with something is recommended.

Totally agree. Dentists are probably used to seeing the results of this all the time. Acid erodes the enamel on your teeth. Might not happen overnight, but keep swallowing neat vinegar and you risk damaging your teeth. Easier to just dilute it :wink:

I do it for years now and never had any problems. That's why I don't drink or eat anything for half an hour after taking it, it helps dealing with the acidity. Everybody is different, I suppose :wink:
See your bottom topic is , errr, running and running Lil :lol:
Does anyone have a blended juice (in a Vitamix or other powerful blender) that will do the trick for this problem

watched a tv advert for one of those vitamin juicers this morning that gave me the idea.
29 posts Page 2 of 2