The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone :oops:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me..? I’m fasting today, and this is my last fast of the week. On both of my fasts this week I’ve had a shooting pain going from the front to the back of the left side of my head… I know this sounds odd and it’s quite hard to explain! It’s not a headache as such, more of a sharp pain that just comes every now and again. I’ve been fasting since the end of October and never had this before, so was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or can shed some light on it!? It can’t be dehydration because I am constantly chugging water (on fast days especially), so much so that I’m almost constantly running from my desk to the loo. I also had some nurofen on my first fast day this week, but it didn’t touch it, so I’ve not bothered today.

I’ve used the search function and can’t find anything similar, sorry if it has been mentioned and I’ve managed to miss it!
:heart: That sounds awful @gym-sparkle-90 as I migraine sufferer of past not had single one in my 10 months of this WOL I sympathies with you but can offer no advice as you've tried painkillers maybe @carorees will offer you something more sensible. :heart:
Hmm, this is a new one on me @gym-sparkle-90. Have you tried a salty drink? That can work for headaches. Or maybe it's something to do with the mild stress caused by fasting that might be making you tense up and so pinching a nerve in your neck? Sorry not to have much to offer. Maybe @Jools7 can help.
Thanks @Sue.Q and @carorees. It's not unbearable or extremeley painful, more just annoying! I haven't tried having a salty drink, that may be a good idea.
:heart: Yes just had my fastday afternoon oxo good standby low calorie give me the salt kick worth a try to see how it goes on your next fastday. :heart:
Well after eating my soup tonight I feel much better, but will definitely have some bovril or the like on my next fast day!
Hi @gym-sparkle-90, so glad that the salty stuff seems to be helping!

Maybe it's just coincidence that this has happened to you on two fasting days? It sounds like it could be a little migrainous, due to hormonal changes that go with fasting, or maybe even something like a sinus problem? If you get it again, I'd be getting it checked out with your GP..

Good luck,
Jools
@gym-sparkle-90
I'm currently with head pain, localised to one side, but not consistent with fasting although this week on Mondays fast, I had the one side pain. I had seen a gp for it, because that time the pain was behind my right eye.
I do think I have sinusitis cause when I press above each eye brow above the nose, it really hurts. I'm trying sudafed.
Maybe you could rule out sinusitis and it can be triggered by allergies, something to think about.

I assumed sinus problems came with a wollop, but no, its not really obvious to me, just the localised head pain.
good luck with it,hope you get a solution :smile:
8 posts Page 1 of 1