The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Skin on my legs--yuck!
25 May 2014, 23:18
Hi everyone. Can you please help? The skin on my legs is very loose and crepe-y. I'm not sure if this is because of losing weight or age (I hope it's the former, not the latter!). Here are my particulars:

I'm 48 and have always been athletic. I run and play tennis now.

I have been fasting for 9 months and have lost almost 25 lbs (and an inch around each thigh). My BMI is 21.something

I am hoping this is due to weight loss and that my skin will firm up. That's my hope, anyway. I am going to start using coconut oil after showering and before bed. Any other tips or ideas?

Thank you.
Re: Skin on my legs--yuck!
25 May 2014, 23:23
See if this works.
25 May 2014, 23:29
Skin does loosen as it takes longer to shrink than the fat layer disappears. It will eventually smooth out, but you are looking at a year or two. Generally you can lose the skin, but slowly as it dies, the body realises it doesn't have to replace quite so much skin so it doesn't make the excess cells, therefore it seems to tighten, but it takes time.
Many on here swear by coconut oil to keep it soft and supple. Others swear by body brushing to encourage the sloughing off of old cells, generally though, time and moisturiser are you best buddies.
26 May 2014, 07:54
I'm sure Julie is right. Another thing that may help is ensuring you're eating plenty of healthy fats, so some coconut oil taken internally as well as externally. But I think I remember you saying you have bullet proof coffee? B vitamins may also help.

I have a similar problem all over but I thought it was my age. :oops:
26 May 2014, 08:28
Without clothes I rather resemble a partly deflated balloon but when dressed I feel great and like the new slimline me, only one other person gets a glimpse of the wrinkles and it does not present a problem. I'd rather a few extra wrinkles than the 3 stone of blubber which I used to lug around, hard choices but that's life, :shock: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
26 May 2014, 09:49
I have a similar issue on my thighs, and I hope it's not my age, I'm 'only' 35! It was worse before though, when I lost a lot of weight in my 20s, and it did get better after a couple of years only to get worse again now post pregnancies and 5:2. I find that if I use a good cream or coconut butter the appearance is better even if I have to reapply daily as it effects don't last very long, plus I think it does some long-term good.
6 posts Page 1 of 1