The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

21 posts Page 2 of 2
I didn't realise you were supposed to froth it up - I just put a spoonful of coconut oil in the coffee (no butter) - how much difference does that make?
Hi

I tried putting coconut oil in my coffee - I even whizzed it up (which I think just disperses the oil so it looks creamier rather than an oil slick on the top) and I thought it was horrible! I love coconut oil, and love coffee, but did not enjoy them together.

And yes I felt a bit nauseous afterwards - I think it was the fat and caffeine attacking an empty stomach (I had it for breakfast) that made me feel ill. Can't remember it 'passing through' too quickly but it certainly didn't sit right.

Won't be doing that again!
what is a bulletproof coffee? Maybe only available in the States?
Juliana.Rivers wrote: what is a bulletproof coffee? Maybe only available in the States?

@Juliana.rivers Bulletproof coffee isn't a product sold in stores, it's something you make from scratch. Here's this from upthread
cyan wrote:
nursebean wrote: Sorry, have I missed something? What's bullet proof coffee?

Bean :confused:
Coffe with butter and coconut oil. Popular amongst low carbers, especially before exersice, as it gives a lot of energy.

This is usually mixed with a stick blender to make it more creamy and frothy.
I have bullet coffee on my fluid fast days around early a afternoon to keep me going until dinner time when I usually can't be bothered to eat as I have nearly done the whole day. A couple of times I was desperate I just caved and ate something small

I don't worry about the calorie content and here is why, I have a couple of black teas with stevia drops when I first waken. This keeps.caffeine headaches at bay. Lots of water next and herbal teas green teas too all no cal. Around 11am I have me miso for the salt and retain sodium as by now I wee heaps. Am now at my coffee time, I add 2 teaspoons coconut oil butter and 1 pat of unsalted butter to my coffee made from beans. If too strong might add splash almond milk. The fat kills the appetite for hours. Liquid fasting is very low cal so I figure I can afford the calories in the coffee.
21 posts Page 2 of 2