The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Query re reduction in body fat
16 Feb 2013, 12:20
I have lost weight in the past but always struggle to get my body fat down to reasonable levels. I do a lot of resistance training which should help but the lowest I have got it is to 27% which is still too high.

Has anyone found that their BF has reduced significantly in conjunction with their weight loss? I know that a percentage of a weight loss will still equal a BF loss but just wondering if people have noticed much of a drop?
Thanks Debs
How are you measuring fat ? I reckon at least 75% of my weight loss is fat and I can see where it's coming off.
The studies that have been done on intermittent fasting have shown that a greater proportion of the weight loss is fat than with standard calorie restriction. The fasting causes a spike in growth hormone which acts to prevent protein being broken down for fuel and promotes fat as a fuel. Google leangains for lots of info on intermittent fasting for lowering body fat (it is widely used by body builders who need to get a low fat % and high muscle).
Hi Debs

I have lost about 30lbs I started at 176lbs, my body fat was shown at 28% on my scales when I started and its now 17.5%. Like Phil I can see exactly where it’s come off, my neck, waist, bum, etc, and even my wrists are smaller and my wedding ring is starting to become loose.

I know opinions vary depending where you look and age makes a difference, but 27% seems to be within the healthy/acceptable range for a woman.
4 posts Page 1 of 1