The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

13 posts Page 1 of 1
I do! today is my 3rd fast day and like the other fast days I can't get warm!

I guess it's because my body has no food to churn away at :?
That's right...digesting food generates heat! Still cold exposure is meant to be good for you too...see the thread on brown adipose tissue in the nerdy stuff!
I just read it :)

I really need to remember to wear more clothes on fast days, brrrrr
Hi Louie

Yesterday was my first fast day when I didn't eat at all until dinner and I was freezing all day despite being in the car in bright sunshine or in stuffy meeting rooms for most of it!

As you say just need to wear an extra layer on fast days!
Hi all

I think I posted on another thread that I feel the cold more on a fast day. I just stick a vest under whatever I am wearing that day.

A normal summer 'vest' top - I haven't quite raided my mother's Damart Thermals yet.... :idea: However - would anyone notice !!! :lol:

Krissie x
Yes, but hopefully that means we're burning fat.....bring it on. I'll gladly suffer the cold for that. Lol
I certainly used to feel the cold on famine days, but less so after a few months. I suspect this is because the fat burning process gets more efficient with use - certainly that's what the low carb'ers think.

Look on the bright side - it's nearly spring and you should be well adapted by autumn.
Lool Bellalou, love the response! I whole heartedly agree. I've been wearing a sweater all day as the weather calls for it, but have noticed that when drinking warm liquids I don't feel so cold.

Can't wait for spring, a month away and hopefully we'll all be a few pounds lighter as well!
I am always cold, partly due to an underactive thyroid and partly due to having no heating oil; I feel even colder on fast days :(
Ive just started this woe this week. Both fast days I was freezing!
Here is the good news about being cold: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/02/140211-shivering-cold-exercise-brown-fat-white-fat-irisin-metabolism-weight-loss/
I used to be freezing cold on fast days: during the Winter of 2011 I used an IR laser gun on my hands to read the temperature and couldn't believe that in spots it read 9 C.

I'd even be cold on bright Summer days but, iirc, that didn't last above a year and I'm now rarely cold, even on a Fast Day, and I've now been doing ADF/4:3 since 2011.
I've been sweating for England for 12 years, since onset of menopause, but in between the tropical hotspots I go blue with cold. Old thermostat not up to much! However, since low carb/high fat-ing recently I seem to be on a more regular hot-to-sweat this summer. It will be interesting to see how it goes through autumn and winter, whether the freezing blues return or not so much. I was very cold indeed on fast days last winter, I've just acquired fleece bootees in a sale and do wear fingerless gloves most of the winter time.
http://www.landsend.co.uk/mProduct?pid=P_27577
I'm a cold person in general. Always have been. I agree, the fast days are tough and sometimes my teeth actually chatter! Unfortunately it seems to make no difference to my weight loss :frown:
13 posts Page 1 of 1