The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Anti-inflammatory benefits?
22 Jan 2013, 11:21
Hi! I've just started the diet (fast no.2) and am interested in the supposed anti inflammatory benefits - I have severe arthritis in one knee and am waiting for a knee replacement (at 50) and wondered if people have noticed any improvements in similar types of conditions?
Re: Anti-inflammatory benefits?
22 Jan 2013, 11:30
Hi SassyD, just wanted to welcome you to the forums & the 5:2 way of life :) I'm afraid I can't advise re the inflammation issue, although I do know my eczema has been better than it has in years since starting 5:2 and I used to get inflammation relating to that - but not so much these days.
22 Jan 2013, 11:39
Thanks Moogie - that's encouraging as I have asthma and eczema issues too!
22 Jan 2013, 11:46
My asthma has been loads better since starting 5:2. My peak flow beat my previous records at my check in December! I've had to use my inhalor less and whereas before my dust allergy would start to kick (along with associated asthama) in badly if I didn't give the house a really good clean every couple of weeks, it now doesn't notice until about a month (which I should be ashamed to admit, but I was so busy just before & just after Christmas, and my hoover broke... excuses, excuses - yes I know it's awful I didn't dust for a month).
22 Jan 2013, 11:49
Hi Sassy

I've seen mention in the Facebook group of people saying their arthritis had improved in their knees after following the diet. Dr M says it is anti inflammatory.

Hope you find that it is...do let us know how you get on.

Moogie, that's great and shows that it is anti inflammatory. Someone else on here also said their asthma had improved...
22 Jan 2013, 12:25
Hi Sassy

My wife has suffered from pain in her hip for years, she says its not gone, but is much reduced. We started this diet in Aug and she noticed the benefit around xmas time.
22 Jan 2013, 15:42
Hi
I to have chronic osteoarthritis in knees and have been offered knee replacement surgery which I am resisting. I've been doing 4:3 for 3 weeks now - no change in knee pain yet but I think it's early days and will give it a couple of months before I evaluate whether or not it's effective.

Good luck to everyone on this journey.
7 posts Page 1 of 1