The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

36 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Itchy skin
20 Jun 2013, 11:29
I had my first fast day last Saturday and got really itchy upper thighs late afternoon! So itchy I thought they were going to bleed. Did not relate it but couldn't work out why! I fasted again on Monday and no itching at all. Will look out for it next fast day.
20 Jun 2013, 11:34
I had dry skin on my elbows, but, since 5:2, it has completely cleared up.
26 Jul 2013, 07:47
I have been on 5:2 for 2 weeks and after one week I began to itch. Hands and arms, head, midriff, legs. I also found epilating my legs caused an immediate but short lived rash. Can anyone tell me how long this itching lasts, assuming it's related to fasting and hence detoxing?
26 Jul 2013, 10:53
Tigs33 wrote: Now I have no idea if this is weight loss related but my skin is terribly itchy, especially my lower legs...I also experienced this when I lost weight low carbing.

Anybody else experienced this?

For me its cleared up in winter (winter now)

In summer I had terrible itchy skin on lower body, mainly legs below knees.I had it every single day straight after a shower. Drove me insane. I put it down to dry skin in summer heat. If your in summer now, that might be related and have nothing to do with losing weight.
22 Aug 2013, 21:30
Not sure if its coincidence but I've been suffering dreadful red, sore and horrendously itchy skin just round my eye area since starting 5:2. Am pretty much at my target weight now having lost about 1.5 stone so am only doing 1 or 2 fasts a week.
Its driving me crazy though, I've tried all sorts of creams (doctor only prescribed steroid cream and said it was an allergic reaction so to keep a diary) but am using regular e45 cream to try and keep the skin hydrated and lessen the itching. Seems to come in cycles though... The itch, the redness, the swelling, the puffiness, then the skin goes dry and flaky and it dies down a bit and I maybe get a few days of normality before it starts up again.
Been reading a lot of different things over the last few days which might also suggest Candida but also read something from someone who had a similar problem and were told they had adrenal fatigue, which I then of course googled and came across a website that mentioned that intermittent fasting could potentially affect your adrenal levels.
A lot of the other symptoms of adrenal fatigue did seem to fit and I have been feeling absolutely exhausted on and off for a while now.
11 Sep 2013, 12:27
Maybe some people's itch comes from eating or drinking something new they have introduced, such as a low cal version of their regular food or drink, and not from the weight loss or diet itself.
36 posts Page 3 of 3