The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

50 posts Page 4 of 4
I'm not 'overweight' but I'm really short so this half a stone above what I'd like to weigh needs to go. However, I chose this diet, which I hope to turn into a way of life, to help with my IBS and my cognitive skills too
In it for the weight loss and health benefits associated with the weight loss.

I am still skeptical about the other claimed health benefits. Examples given to date have been on animal models or anecdotal human examples. There has also been no definite causative reason given for said benefits.

I am still doing the diet as it offers a wonderful programme and I am seeing loss. The other stuff I am still waiting for more info before making a decision
I definitely in it for weight loss with needed to shift approx. 60kg :bugeyes: (I need to loss more than my teenage daughter currently weighs),this seem like the first plan I can actually see myself stick to and making it a WOL, if other health benefits come as well that will be just fabulous.
I first signed up to 5:2 for the potential health benefits, I am caring for Mum with Alzhiemers, stable but with severe short term memory loss, and I really do not want to go down that road. I had previously lost 56 lbs and was ok maintaining that, but when I started 5:2 and the weight loss started again it was a bonus, so I too am carrying on for both weight and any other health benefits that may come with it. I will add though that I keep a regular check on my inner health and I am on a full fat/low sugar natural WOE. All health checks bloods etc.come in at a normal range.

Good luck to you all whatever your 5:2 journey brings you. :smile:
Hi Katastofree (great name)
Weight loss is the principal aim. The upshot of losing the weight is also avoiding type2 diabetes along with many other health issues.Also I recommend trying to get fitter.This will make you feel and look so much better.You don't have to go mad and start jogging or anything crazy like that.Do small incremental bouts of activity.This is the program I follow using an activity tracker. Since using it I am 10lbs lighter within 6 months.
Keep believing
50 posts Page 4 of 4