The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

75 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Things I am noticing
18 Jul 2013, 09:16
What am I noticing? Not so much with myself but with the forum: there are lots of 10+kg losers showing up in the profile stats. This is fantastic!
18 Jul 2013, 15:16
One thing new, for me anyway, in fact, it's my "boyfriend" (I don't know how to name him) who did, I lost weight around my wrists and my forearms. He also notices that my way of walking has changed and strange thing my hair is thicker (I have long hair in the middle of the back and it's quite impressive now)
18 Jul 2013, 23:24
My tummy no longer bulges from my sternun outward making me look pregnant, I still have a massive belly, but its sliding down now.
19 Jul 2013, 01:42
Have a lot of the same feelings. I have been 2-5ing since April 29. Keep a log of every fast day meal and thoughts about the diet. It really helps to keep the diary. It helps as you get further on. I keep having interruptions in my routine with travel and work requests but I just go back to the fast days as soon as I can. Try not to feel failed if I miss a week..
12 Oct 2013, 20:52
Betsysgr8 wrote: I notice that my knees hurt when I'm laying on my side, I think there isn't quite as much padding between them anymore. ;)

Ive noticed this as well Betsy
Deffo not as much padding but we can live with the discomfort lying on our sides :)
It IS weird the places the fat comes off..deffo a different way than calcounting diets
Usually i lose from my bust and face first..if anything my bust is fuller ...oh and under my ribs! Midriff bulge dips in at the sides! X
12 Oct 2013, 21:07
motomom16128 wrote: this is my 2nd completed week I have noticed my clothes are less snug and have heard from a few people they can tell Im losing weight!! but why does the scale not back that up. Everyone wants to know how many pounds I have lost...well its very little. WHAT am I doing wrong?

I fast from 2pm til 2pm on Mondays and Thursday.

Hi motomom if your clothes are looser and others can tell youre losing weight,but the scales stay the same - you have lost inches not pounds!

There is info on here from carorees that explains how that happens..i didnt think it was possible to lose inches but not lose weight but it IS ..
Explore the forums and you ' ll find the explanation...
Ps found it for you..carorees explains..

"Often there is fat lost but water or muscle is gained. Because a pound of fat is much bigger than a pound of water or muscle, you are smaller but weigh the same!"

Thank you Caro x

So dont lose heart moto,
To have looser clothing and to get comments from others 2 weeks in is very good progress! X
12 Oct 2013, 23:45
CandiceMarie wrote:
Betsysgr8 wrote: I notice that my knees hurt when I'm laying on my side, I think there isn't quite as much padding between them anymore. ;)

Ive noticed this as well Betsy

Me three. Have to offset the knees or it becomes very uncomfortable.
21 Feb 2014, 21:12
It has been great to read this and see that it's not the same for everyone.
I have only had 5 fast-days, lost 1.8 kg so I don't have a lot of experience but here is what I've noticed

1. I feel much thinner. Not only after fast-days but every day. I find this quite amusing since I haven't lost that much weight.

2. I often have problems concentrating on fast-days and sometimes get tired/woozy. Sometimes I get a bit shaky/nervous but that is when I drink too much coffee ;)

3. I am a bit obsessed with eating on the day after fast-day.

4. My appetite has shrunk. Can't finish my plate and don't like being too full.

5. It is ok to be hungry and it passes :) (this also helps on normal days).

6. On fast-day I go to sleep dreaming of breakfast in the morning thinking that I'll jump out of bed to have breakfast. When I wake up I am in no hurry.

7. It is easier than I thought it would be.
21 Feb 2014, 22:41
This is a great thread. :like: What have I noticed - learned?

Edited 12 weeks 5 days in

I recognise this was a WOL for my first 40 years (16:8), I listened to my body, however I stopped being in touch with my wellbeing over the past decade, stress and injury times which I am happy to say I have now dealt with.

Only felt cold once on a fast day so far.

One day of that hungry monster :shock:

I've not felt heady etc.

I've felt very uplifted, motivated and a happy soul.

I need to make sure I have enough calories on non fast days as my appetite has shrunk.

I enjoy cooking again - low carbs. cut the carbs - no bread, pots, rice or pasta for 12 weeks, well 3 slices of toast and two roast pots. I don't have a sweet tooth. Cutting out carbs and replacing with lots of veg, right amount of protein and fat has been key for me.

Sleeping like a log, bliss. :sleepy:

Skin is smooth, and a stubborn 5 year old verruca has disappeared. Can you imagine what this means to healing my internal organs :smile:

Now I have lost 16 lbs I feel more confident to exercise with my recovering injury - pilates, increased power walking, swimming.

I'm now walking with pride.

I hope that helps everyone.

Night night, sleep tight. :sleepy:

Lizbean :smile:
29 Mar 2014, 13:16
Hi everyone. I have not actually started yet, but I have to say, I am feeling very confident that this is the right way for me to loose some weight. I have read loads of posts on a few different forums, and I really like what I am hearing. I am eagerly waiting for the books to arrive so I can get started.
Looking forward to getting to know you
29 Mar 2014, 14:29
Welcome@amberroseau so pleased youre joining us! No need to wait for the books..all the info you need is here on the forum..have a good browse round and see for yourself!
My books? They are on the bookshelf,unread..have glanced thru them,have lent them out,but i dont feel the need to read them cover to cover-ive learnt a lot more from personal experiences of fellow fasters on here! X i will prob sell the books on ebay x!
29 Mar 2014, 14:40
Hi @amberroseauand welcome to the forum. I second what candiceMarie said. Don't wait for the books, just jump right in, you'll be glad you did. I've never seen any of the books, just read this forum and from what everyone else says there is more on this forum than in any of the books. Really how much can the book say anyway? '2 days a week only eat 500 cals and on the other days don't over do it'. Good luck with your first fast. It's easier than you think :)
Dee
29 Mar 2014, 18:36
Hi and welcome! :heart: I agree with those who said don't wait for the books; just jump in! This is the simplest WOE (not diet, because you will want to keep with it forever.) :cool: I think the genius of it lies in its basic rules: 2 days 500 calories and the rest close to your actual basic calorie use (TDEE) and good, not too carby food that, it's completely individual. How and when you consume your 500 is different for everyone. You just listen to your body and adjust accordingly. There are so many wonderful people on this forum, all with different experiences, strengths and health situations that you will have access to a lot of wisdom, not to mention support. Best of luck! :clover:
30 Mar 2014, 10:24
Thank you all for the welcome, and the advice. I had sort of figured out how it works, but thought I might be missing a key piece of info. Like how do you figure out what excersize to do? We thought we might start with walking as I am pretty unfit
I am very pleased and excited that I am starting this journey with the full support and active participation of my husband, we will keep pushing each other on.
Have a good night all. :-)
30 Mar 2014, 19:41
Honestly, I read Dr. Mosley's book and it was a huge turnoff. He isn't a practicing doctor, and the book was full of statements that made it clear how out of touch he is with current medical practice. For example, he says he had mildly elevated blood sugars but not diabetes and then gives a test number that is currently diagnostic for diabetes. I came away with doubt about most of the "scientific" claims he makes for fasting, as this is a subject I have done some research on myself.

But I heard very positive things from friends who tried the diet and did well on it, and because I am convinced that weight loss IS all about calories, it made sense that cutting calories by 1000 calories 2 days a week would produce the same results as cutting by 300 a day 7 days a week. And dieting only two days a week is far far easier to sustain than months of daily deprivation.

So I would join the voices saying read the board here, learn the very simple principles, don't get carried away with the hype, eat as close to the calories that maintain your weight on your non-fast days as you can, and get ready for a pleasant surprise.
75 posts Page 5 of 5