The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

7 posts Page 1 of 1
To catch a cold in june
13 Jun 2013, 06:28
I don't know if I am at the right place but I guess this is a side effect. I am fighting a cold since the beginning of the week. I cough a lot, even during the night and I was wondering if it could be because my calories are so low. I mean, I hardly went out these past few days so it can't be because I was not dressed warm enough...

I use a lot of homeopathy for personnal reasons and I will take some hot lemon and honey these days but does anyone have other ideas ?
Re: To catch a cold in june
13 Jun 2013, 06:40
I swear to over dose of curry that has lots of ginger and garlic. The curry powder itself has turmeric and spices all things known to help boost immunity. Since I am asian I make asian rice porridge that has ginger, garlic and chicken.....
13 Jun 2013, 07:32
Add ginger to your honey and lemon too. It makes it nice and warm and its great for your throat. My daughter and I have have both travelled from Saudi to the UK in the last week and both come down with rotten colds.

Hope yours gets better soon :)
13 Jun 2013, 07:34
Is that conjee Aina, I made a pork conjee yesterday first time always loved that dish as had it made for me in Malasia when i was visiting a friends parents. The conjee was lovely will use it to break my fast tomorrow now I know how easy it is to make. Such a comfort food too

Manderley I have a tea which is fabulous and am sure it would be just the thing right now.

Grated ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon and lemon slice
4 cloves
1/4 tspn cardamom
1/2 quill cimmamon bark
Fresh lemon grass (optional)
Let it brew in a pot makes 2 mugs of very satisfying tea and am sure it is good for you
Take good care of you
13 Jun 2013, 07:38
Thank you, I'll try the ginger today :grin:

I guess, when the calories are down, the risk to catch a cold is up even more when the body is in an adaptation mode

I have to go to a funeral tomorrow morning, I wouldn't want to be the one who cough in the church
13 Jun 2013, 07:48
gillymary wrote: Is that conjee Aina, I made a pork conjee yesterday first time always loved that dish as had it made for me in Malasia when i was visiting a friends parents. The conjee was lovely will use it to break my fast tomorrow now I know how easy it is to make. Such a comfort food too

Yes it is!! I actually made it for my fast day food yesterday and I was stuffed. Its light and filling and still have tons of good stuff in it.
13 Jun 2013, 08:22
I doubt very much that having two days with low calories would increase the risk of a cold. I'd bet you would have caught that cold even if you hadn't been following 5:2.

Since colds are caused by viruses, how warm you dress has little to do with it!

There has not yet been any "remedy" that has actually been shown to help you to get over a cold. Your immune system will deal with it!
7 posts Page 1 of 1