The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I've found that if I eat a what inconsidered a normal size full meal now I'm really uncomfortably full on feed days?
I dont mind not being able to eat as much in one go but this seems really extreme. I've only had a little more than my seven yr old can eat and I'm so full I need to lie down, anyone able to advise on this, may be some peppermint tea will help?

Thanks ;)
Hi, yes I think we're all finding our appetites changing. For me the first day after a fast is when I notice it most, then it kind of wears off, so that if I don't fast again by about day 4 I'm back to my previous normal!
I've not had it to the extent that you seem to have had, but I definitely eat less the day after fasting. I just can't eat as much as I used to.
I just had a big plate of potato, carrot and swede mash with 2 low fat sausages, brussel sprouts carrots & broccolis and it really hurt!!!I must discipline myself that's not a punishment to have smaller portions...
I wish that was true for me ! I'm eating sensibly today on a feed day, and I'm hungry - I feel exactly the same as I did yesterday on my fast, when I'd had nothing to eat by this time in the day ! I've had breakfast, lunch and snacks (and I'm not overdoing the carbs, and avoiding sugar, to try and prevent hunger pangs).
Yes, me too - feeling fuller sooner, that is. I also am much more used to an empty stomach and not immediately rushing to fill the "space"; more likely to wait; less snacking - I put it down to fasting.
6 posts Page 1 of 1