The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

59 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: An update on my daughter
09 Sep 2013, 17:40
Thanks for the update. Sending lots of hugs to you and positive healing vibes to your daughter x
09 Sep 2013, 17:46
Sending lots of love and hugs to you, your daughter, and all your family. Take care of yourself as well as her. ((( :heart: )))
09 Sep 2013, 18:44
My thoughts are still with you all.

Sending great big hugs :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 19:17
Thinking of you all. Stay strong and positive big hugs x
09 Sep 2013, 19:30
Prayers, hugs and best wishes for your daughter and your whole family from US. :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 19:32
Thinking of you and hope all will go well over the next few months. Keep posting and you know there's always support to be found here :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 20:19
sending positive thoughts and wishes to you and your family and take care of you too
09 Sep 2013, 20:23
jaclee wrote: and take care of you too

Quite right, you need all your strength :heart: :heart: :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 20:29
How hard it must be for you. Make sure you look after yourself. Xxx
09 Sep 2013, 21:29
Hi Gillb.
Just wanted to add my best wishes and prayers
The healthy way your daughter lived her life prior to this dreadful illness can only help her in recovery.
Love and strength to you and your family . :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 21:50
You are not alone, even in the dark moments. I'm adding my positive vibes as your daughter starts her fight. Give yourself time too, it's very easy to become exhausted by trying to be everything for all those involved at such a challenging time. :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 22:09
Wow - I'm so sorry! I hope she has a complete recovery and I'm sorry you have to deal with this!!
10 Sep 2013, 19:04
Virtual hugs from me too... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Don't know if you/your daughter wants to think about the role of diet in treating cancer but fasting or a ketogenic diet lowers the amount of glucose circulating which cancer cells rely on (they cannot use ketones) and also suppresses the signalling pathways in the cells that control multiplication. There is not really any research on how much these kinds of things can help (it's all theoretical), but it could be worth a try even if it simply helps with the side-effects of the chemo.

Crossing all my fingers and toes for your girl... :clover: :clover:
10 Sep 2013, 19:36
Gillb, one of my friends had a long battle with Rectal Cancer and she is still here with us. Her cancer journey is posted online at:
http://www.runlizrun.com/journey.htm

Maybe reading through some of her ups and downs will help your family as you face this daunting road ahead.

Hugs and prayers for your daughter and your whole family
59 posts Page 4 of 4