The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

614 posts Page 40 of 41
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
Re: BUDDIES SET #19
05 Jun 2015, 13:41
Good morning Ieramul, sorry to hear you are struggling with those two pounds. So frustrating! Perhaps it will be within your new maintenance range?

Any type of hayfever is tough to bear. Daytime or nighttime. I've taken to sleeping on the couch in the living room. It is just too hot to sleep in my room without the windows open and with the open windows in comes the pollen . I bought some black out curtains for my bedroom so I'm hoping they will help keep it cool and I won't have to open the windows. My allergies usually go away soon so I'm crossing my fingers that soon comes quick :).

I have been eating very poorly. Tried to fast both Monday and Tuesday and blew it once I started eating I just didn't stop until bedtime. I will attempt to fast today again. We'll see if I am successful. Good luck to you. Ttfn :heart:
09 Jun 2015, 02:46
Hello Ieramul, are you still around? busy? are you alright? wondering if all is well. Are you in the midst of wedding preparations?

All is not so well here. I've been bingeing for a week and can't seem to stop myself. :( don't know what the problem is. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, a fresh start.

I hope all is well with you! big bear hug :heart:
09 Jun 2015, 07:27
Hi Steph, please don't get despondent. If necessary, stop fasting and concentrate on very healthy food instead. Try and eat more protein and less carbs etc - you know the spiel. change of tactics often works for me. sorry to be so quiet here but we are in the midst of wedding preparations. Lots of relatives arriving etc. The actual wedding is on Friday. I will send you a picture next week. :smile: After the wedding I will spend a day with my parents, brothers and second daughter and return next Monday. It is all very exciting.

Before I go I will post once more though. have a lovely day.

BIG HUG and take care.
10 Jun 2015, 19:55
Hello Ieramul, thanks for your never-ending support! It really helps me feel better about this weight and fasting stuff. Yesterday was an off the rails carb fest, bread and pizza all day, nary a vegetable in sight. But, it has its advantage, today is turning out to be a fast day. I am still so full from yesterday's binge. It is 4 p.m. and I am sooo not hungry. I've had two cups of tea with cream today, and that's it. Right now it feels like I'll never want to eat again LOL. That'll pass of course. 'nough bout me.

The wedding is upon you! so very exciting! I hope you thoroughly enjoy every minute of it! don't stress. I look forward to photos :). Lots of love and hugs from across the pond. I'll be thinking of you on Friday :smile: :heart:
17 Jun 2015, 10:12
Hi Steph, I am back and I have left you a few PM with wedding pictures!!! Take care - I hope you are well!!!
18 Jun 2015, 14:39
Hello Ieramul! what gorgeous kids you have! The two girls look a lot like you. You're gorgeous too, btw :). And your dress is so pretty. You chose well. What a beautiful family. I'm happy the wedding went off without a hitch and that you enjoyed yourself. The groom is handsome too :).

I have been eating terribly again. I start off eating healthy foods then just keep on eating non-stop for hours. I was going to do a low cal/low carb day yesterday but ended up eating some of Adam's candy and chips. He came home with treats that his teachers gave him as farewell gifts. The school year ended for him yesterday so they all treated him to junk food. I also sent him to the store for a diet coke. Last week I managed to lose a couple of the pounds I put on the week before but I'm sure this week I've put them back on :(. I am not looking at the scale until my weigh in on Saturday. I haven't fasted this week. Perhaps tomorrow.

I will be going to spend the day in a small town an hour and a half away on Saturday. There is a large farmer's market in the morning and my sisters are planning on buying lots of stuff and have urged me to bring a cooler to put my purchases in. I don't plan on buying much, though. Certainly nothing perishable like meats. I find farmer's markets to be expensive and I don't have much money to spend if I am to have enough for my trip to my mom's in August. I am frugal. Although, I want to buy a few shirts/blouses and perhaps a light jacket before I go so I must count my pennies. I imagine we'll also be going out for lunch on Saturday so, more money. But it will be worth it to spend the day with my sisters. We don't get together that often and they are looking forward to the day's shopping. Hopefully, the weather will be fine. It is raining today.

Time to make a few phone calls, work my way down my to do list. I'm glad to have you back, I've missed you :).
Enjoy your day!
19 Jun 2015, 13:13
Hi Steph, here comes your conscience.

I am glad you can look forward to a trip to a farmer's market with your sisters. Maybe if you buy yourself something really healthy and promise not to buy anything unhealthy for a few days you might be able to afford it. Healthy food, whilst more expensive is often more filling and therefore need less of it.

The fallout of the wedding celebrations was only about 1.5 lb and that wasn't due to the wedding but more due to after wedding days of eating too much sweet stuff travelling home in the car etc. I did a fast on Tuesday and recovered again. I am doing sort of a fast today, too just because we had guests last night and I went a bit overboard.

I have to go again but wishing you a smashing weekend. Big Hug and take care
19 Jun 2015, 23:09
Hello Ieramul,

so happy to hear you are still maintaining. I have gotten out of the fasting habit and am finding it difficult to get back into it. I binged this afternoon again and won't have a proper supper since I am too full to contemplate eating more. Hopefully, I will eat sensibly tomorrow when I am with my sisters and not binge when I get home. I was thinking for a while that I didn't really fit into OA but here I am again overeating, and it has overtaken my life. All I think about is food and once I start I don't stop. Same old, same old. Wish there was some magic pill to put me right. :bugeyes: Anyway, all that aside, I will have a lovely time with my sisters tomorrow! Really looking forward to it.

Now I think I'll do a bit of reading for my online course, Human Physiology, which I just started on Wednesday. It is very interesting and is run by a professor and her assistant offered through our public library. It is a free course online but great non-the-less. Very much at a university level. I find the human body fascinating.

Take care! Big hug back atcha. :heart:
23 Jun 2015, 13:33
Hi Steph, how was your weekend with your sister(s)? Did you treat yourself a bit at the farmer's market with some deliciously healthy food? I must say since the wedding, I have also not successfully fasted either. I have been over eating on the ice cream front as it is summer. :cry: and I want to get back onto the fasting wagon. I intended to fast today but my colleague bought and shared the most delicious pastries... so fasting tomorrow and not excuses please. :smile:

Life is very busy at the moment and with all my family being scattered, I spent most evenings on the phone catching up with everyone. On 1st July we will be off on holiday back home to see family and friends and I am looking forward to it.

When are you going to see your family? I hope your summer is better then ours.. Will post later on or tomorrow again as I need to dash... BIG HUG
27 Jun 2015, 02:03
Hello Ieramul,

my day out with my sisters was lovely. I bought some food that I don't usually have access to or don't spend the money on -fresh garden peas, Landjaeger, beef jerky, cheese curds. All yummy and all gone :frown: I also found the cutest little notebook that I will give to my friend for her birthday in August. It has a framed picture of a teapot, the frame is pink with beautiful little flowers. The frame (it is cardboard) is sealed with a magnet and opens up to a pad of paper decorated with butterflies. It is adorable and my friend uses notebooks constantly, she is a proliferate writer of important stuff :lol:

After weeks of eating atrociously I have decided to go back to the OA meeting tomorrow. Something's gotta give. My eating is out of control. I bought groceries this evening which included easy to prepare healthy stuff like fresh washed lettuce, little packets of salad dressing, lots of fruit, Thai seasoned chicken breasts, etc. Unfortunately, I also bought some crackers for Adam and some naan bread to make pizzas for him. I will have to resist the carbs. Haven't been resisting much of anything lately, though :lol:

ANYWAY, I talked with my brother about coming up to see him and Mom in August. He will be working weekends so I'm going to try to arrive on a Monday in Ottawa so I can visit with him for an evening before heading to my Mom's the next morning. Asked my friend, Ille, if she could drive us to the train station -there is no public transportation between my town and the city! crazy that, and she said she will be going away for a couple of weeks in August. I will work the trip around her schedule. Just have to call my stepmom to see if we can visit her as well.

OK, time to do some of my lessons. Didn't work on them yesterday and another one has been posted today. I have to get caught up!

You must be so excited to be going home! where in Germany is home? You are so busy! and pastries! I haven't had a pastry in ages :razz:

Toodles! Great big bear hug :heart:
29 Jun 2015, 15:31
Hi Steph, I am so pleased you had a great time with your sisters and finding things at the market you don't usually get to buy. How considerate of you to think of your friend at the fair and buying this lovely note book.

Maybe it is a good thing to go back to OA - it is always good to have someone to talk to.

I am pleased for you that you get to see your family soon. I hope that one day I will live closer to my children. Who knows.

Having not done a proper fast for about three weeks, I have to admit that I have gained 2 lbs and am now outside my maintenance weight. I just had too much ice cream and nuts recently etc. and really should have had a couple of fasts to remedy the situation. Well seeing the scales rise like that really kicked me into place and I am fasting today. It is now 4.30pm and I have not eaten today. When I get home, I will eat a soup I have defrosted yesterday and that should be it for me. Maybe I will have an apple for afters.

How interesting that my fast today turned out to be relatively easy - just shows how much fasting is in the head. All this time I tried to fast and then given up, thinking I couldn't fast any more. I suppose, when I don't need to lose weight (maintenance) it is very difficult to fast but once I get a bit worried (weight gain again), suddenly there is no problem. I am travelling on Wednesday and wonder if I should just fast during the journey. Unfortunately in order to fast I need to drink a lot but I don't want to have a convenience break all the time. Not sure how to deal with this.
29 Jun 2015, 15:58
Hello Ieramul, happy fast day! good for you for taking the bull by the horns. Scales creeping up can be a great motivator, although that hasn't happened to me. I gained another pound this week. That's three pounds this month. I am fasting today and the only real reason is because I binged so terribly all day yesterday that my stomach feels so full, still, and I have no desire to eat. I imagine this full feeling will last all day and I just have to not give in to the desire to eat if I get nauseous again, as has been happening a lot lately. I like to the think the nausea means I am hungry but sadly I know that is not the case. It is because I've eaten WAY too much.

The OA meeting went well. Got lots of hugs :) and was encouraged to phone when I'm having difficulty which I haven't done. Yesterday I should have but I wanted to eat more than I wanted to stop. Crazy. I am going out for tea with one of the members tomorrow afternoon who lives in my town. The meetings are in a nearby city where most of the members live.

I went to the small local farmer's market Saturday morning and bought some fresh peas and new potatoes. Yum. I don't know how they can already have potatoes ready. They must have planted them in March or early April! even when we still had frost. Oh well, live and learn.

I was very productive all weekend, did a lot of chores, cleaned out cupboards, moved furniture around for a change in my living room. Now I am waiting for Adam to get up so I can put his laundry away and get him to clean his room which I asked him to do yesterday. Grrr. I want to mop his floor (I mopped the rest of the apartment yesterday) and it is strewn with cds and garbage and video game cases and dishes and clothes, all the normal teenage stuff LOL.

My friend, Ille, says she will phone me when she gets home from a doctor's appointment and we can have a visit at her place. I have the sneaking suspicion that she will forget, but I hope not. I love visiting with her.

Enjoy the rest of your day! and your supper.
07 Jul 2015, 00:06
wow @stephdand @leramul and @coffeetime.. still buddying strong after more than 6 months. How sweet!
07 Jul 2015, 21:01
@Juliana.Rivers sadly coffee left us a while back but Ieramul and I are still corresponding. Great to have a buddy!
07 Jul 2015, 23:39
stephd wrote: @Juliana.Rivers sadly coffee left us a while back but Ieramul and I are still corresponding. Great to have a buddy!

yes it is good to buddy up..
is Coffee OK?
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
614 posts Page 40 of 41