The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

614 posts Page 1 of 41
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
BUDDIES SET #19
02 Nov 2014, 20:34
Well @Ieramul and @stephd, this is our very own thread. It's very empty here and there's a distinct echo-o-o but with a new coat of paint, a comfy sofa, a fluffy rug and a log fire this should make a good place to sit and chat about fasting and anything else that takes our fancy. What do you think ladies?
Re: BUDDIES SET #19
02 Nov 2014, 20:43
THANK YOU :heart: Well done @coffeetime for setting up this this tent, thank you so much. Yes we will definitely make it comfy here. it will make communicating between the three of us easier. @stephd got your pm - thanks -and will respond shortly. Back in a minute.
02 Nov 2014, 21:36
Hi @stephd, sorry to hear about your veggies being nicked but glad you managed to salvage so many herbs.
@coffeetime you have a dog - I am sure a great companion and comfort.

It seems we all had a relaxing weekend (and hopefully not too indulging). Anyway whatever happened food wise this weekend, we have the opportunity to right next week. I am fasting tomorrow - will you could join me? Would be great.

Btw coffeetime - i love your signature saying.
02 Nov 2014, 22:22
I think I should join you in tomorrow's fast @Ieramul, I've been rather greedy this evening yet again but no chocolate. I've eaten heaps of nuts which somehow don't send my weight up, but biscuits too which do.
Yes I have a very naughty JRT who likes nothing better than biting ankles! She's a very good house dog and woe betide anyone who tries to break in! Needless to say we don't have many visitors. :frown:
03 Nov 2014, 00:40
Hey Ladies, it is nice and toasty in here with that fire blazing :). I could watch the flames for hours lol.

Well, I was wrong, Adam and his friend stayed here and played a card game. And, the turkey breast Adam said he brought home that was wrapped in foil turned out to be a roast chicken lol. I guess he used the wrong word, as he does sometimes. No worries, though, I made chicken pot pie and cheated by buying pre-made crusts at the grocery store. It was tasty even so. I had some tagine, didn't like the parsnip in it but the rest of it was delicious then had a couple of pieces of the pot pie then I went to the corner store (I swear only a two minute walk around the corner) and bought a diet pepsi and a package of chocolate turtles. Darn. I could have done without. But, I keep on eating, ritz crackers now. I have to STOP!
I'm toying with the idea of doing my next fast tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I am so full now I probably won't get hungry until late tomorrow afternoon anyway.
Well, that's it for me. I hope you are having sweet dreams my new friends. See you tomorrow.
Steph
03 Nov 2014, 01:07
just read your posts above about fasting tomorrow, don't know how I missed them, but anyway I'm in. We should be able to do it all together :). I have food ready and I still have oodles of chores to do so I can keep busy. Till tomorrow!
03 Nov 2014, 09:46
Good luck with the fasting today ladies. :clover: I've just eaten a small breakfast, at least it will stop me filling up the trolly with too many goodies when I do my supermarket shopping today - which I should have done at the weekend! If I'm hungry I buy several packets of biscuits, enough chocolate to make me sick, and eclairs, ice cream and gateaus from the frozen section. Today I won't! The cupboards are bare and I hope to fill them with sensible healthy foods. I wouldn't have done this fast without my two buddy friends, this is working well for me and I hope it's the same for you.
I got on the scales this morning and I weighed 9 st 10.5 lb, at least it's no longer up near 10 stone now, hopefully tomorrow morning it will go down even further. I bought three pairs of jeans when had reached my goal as I got rid of my old baggy trousers, one pair were too small for me and I intended to lose more weight so that I would fit into them comfortably, so that is my goal now.
03 Nov 2014, 11:56
Very happy you two buddies are joining me in my fast today. Well done @coffeetime on your morning weigh in. As far as I can see you are only 2lbs off your target. You can do that easily.
@stephd I will try and make your tagine. I do like vegetarian dishes and might make it for myself and DH can add some meat on the side.
When stepping on the scales this morning I was 2lbs up from last week just at the upper limit of my target range. Trying to give myself some more buffer ie I want to be at the lower end of my range.
Will let you know how it went at the end of the day.
03 Nov 2014, 12:53
I hope you can soon lose those 2 lb Ieramul, I think I have more than 2lb to lose, I would really like to get a couple of lb below my goal so that when my weight fluctuates for no apparent reason I won't worry so much, so that will be 5.5 lb to get rid of. Not too much :smile:
I still haven't done my shopping yet, I got back from walking the dog soaked to the skin, we got caught in a heavy downpour and it's taken me ages to get dry and warm again, I'll finish my 4th cup of coffee :bugeyes: and then I should be ready to go.
03 Nov 2014, 15:23
Good morning/good afternoon!
just getting going this morning. Slept in a wee bit. Made an appointment for this afternoon to have my tires switched on my car and to get the brakes checked so there goes more money :( but I'll feel much safer out driving this winter.
Good to hear you are both so close to your goals! And a good reason to lose a few is certainly fitting into smaller clothes. I have clothes in various sizes too. I even went out and bought some bigger jeans a few weeks ago because I had gained too much. I'm able to fit into my smaller ones now, though, despite having lost no weight. I weighed myself this morning and it was quite sad, up two pounds. I'm hoping to lose it again by the end of the week. Maybe I should start officially tracking my weight on here on Mondays as well, force myself to eat better on the weekends.
Sorry to here you got so wet coffeetime, rotten to be wet and cold. I hope the coffee helped warm you up. I have yet to have a cup of tea. as I'm on my way out to my exercise class at the YMCA. I'll see if I'm hungry when I get home, and thirsty :).
Ieramul the tagine is super easy and I imagine you could put chicken in it as well as all the veggies.
Well, I'm off!
ttfn
03 Nov 2014, 17:19
Hey Gals,
when are you planning on doing your next fast this week? I will be visiting my friend again this week -the one with the ever present cake- and I'd like to do it on a non fast day so I can actually have a piece! and I think fasting on the same days as you would make it easier.
Hope your days are going well!
Steph
03 Nov 2014, 17:23
I'm doing well so far, I hope both of you are too. I did buy some biscuits this afternoon as our son will be staying a few days, and there is somebody coming to chat with hubby on Friday I'm sure I will join them - but not to eat a whole packet.
I still have no idea what I'm going to eat yet, I'm supposed to be cooking dinner as I type. I'm so unorganised. It would be so good to go without but I don't have the willpower.
I hope it will be better news after this fast Steph, do you weigh every day?
03 Nov 2014, 17:33
Hi you two, whilst the day is by now means over, I am pleased how it has gone so far. It is now 17.30hrs and all I have had today is coffee, herbal tea and two mugs of boullion (each 10kcals). The boullion kept warming me up much more than the coffee/tea. So I will do that again throughout winter.
Because today went so well and because I really want to plant myself firmly at the bottom/middle of the target range, I want to give this week an extra push and do three days fasting. So I would like to fast Wednesday and Friday. However you don't have to join me, I can still support you on your fast days. If all goes well this week and I don't mess up next weekend, I will do Monday and Thursday fasts only next week. But as you can see, we just have to make these decisions on how we feel and how well we are doing.
03 Nov 2014, 18:02
Hi, I had been toying with the idea of fasting Wednesday as well. I am really busy that day so it will go quickly. I guess I will just have to see if I can stick to it, like today. I just ate a big bowl of the tagine, so tasty, but I still want to eat. Had a tiny clementine and now am sipping a big mug of tea. Booked my car in for this afternoon and will have to sit in the shop waiting for the news so that will kill some time. It is sitting on the couch and watching tv that does me in so I will resist that as long as possible. Again, have no desire to sweep and mop, tired from my "light and lively" exercise class, one of the easiest classes they have. I can't do a lot in terms of exercise but I enjoy that class and have been going to it for over three years now. Sometimes the 45 minutes go past quickly and other times the time drags on. Today we used stability balls, which I dislike using but the class went by fast.
I'm curious to know what you made for supper Ieramul. I keep forgetting about bouillon. Maybe I'll have that in the afternoon. For supper I'm having an egg, a small potato and a spinach salad, saving my carbs for tonight. What did you have coffeetime?
Oh, yup I weigh myself everyday and try not to be too discouraged. My weight fluctuates between 128 lbs and 131 lbs. I like to input my weight into the tracker only on Fridays to give myself a boost since it is usually a day when my weight is lower. I don't know if I have the will power as yet to eat really well on weekends and weigh on Mondays. I'm thinking about it, though, but right now I'm more focused on the fast today :).
03 Nov 2014, 18:53
Hi buddies, I'm doing well so far, I couldn't go without eating for most of the day as you do, although I have done it a couple of times in the past.
I don't think I'll be joining you both with three fasts this week, as my son will be here for two or three days it will be difficult to fast at all but I will fit another one in. I didn't feel like cooking two different dinners today so I had something quick and easy, well it was a mish mash of stuff I had in the fridge, there was some rocket salad, half of a veggie sausage and a few kidney beans, they all went onto the plate with about a dozen salted peanuts which I found in the cupboard. I can't say that I enjoyed it, not one of my best efforts but it provided the vegetables and protein and I'm well under 500 calories, so I might have some fruit to get rid of the weird tastes. The salted peanuts did not mix well with the sausage or the tiny amount of mayonnaise. I'm feeling a bit queasy.....
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
614 posts Page 1 of 41