The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 85 of 134
Previous 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
17 Jan 2014, 16:46
I do what I can, when I can. Because the days when I can't are bad.
17 Jan 2014, 16:54
Phew!! So pleased for you @Rawkaren xx
17 Jan 2014, 16:57
Ooh Portmeiron @Lou51 is that where they filmed "The Prisoner" where all the houses are different colours and characterful? How lovely to live there :-)
17 Jan 2014, 17:00
Happy news @Rawkaren :like: :wink:

@Julieathomea good day is always a happy day :like: :wink:

Still learning to use the phone and I miss a call because you are not suppose to push the button but to let it slide on the right and I didn't know that..... pfffff, I feel old...... :shock: :razz: :rotfl:
17 Jan 2014, 17:44
rawkaren wrote: More on animals. Just discovered my cat likes peanut butter. Had some on my fingers as was scraping the bottom of the jar with spoon :shock: :shock: whilst sitting at my desk, and it gets everywhere (not a fast day today), and he decides to get involved. Hope its not toxic for them :confused:

Erm, what happens to purrypaws pussycat when you are far far away?
:0.
17 Jan 2014, 19:35
Thank you so much for all you best wishes. I can't believe how much I've missed in the last couple of days! I thought I'd update you all.

I hadn't actually see a doctor only spoken to a doctor over the phone with the symptoms - the opposite of palpitations, ie. like a slow heart beat which goes boom and light headedness. The doc arranged for a nurse to do the ECG and take bloods. I am very impressed with how quickly they did things.

On Wednesday evening I ended up at A & E as my chest was really pounding and I had pain. This time a doc did look at me and everything turned out ok. Another ECG showed the same result as before, bp was excellent and oxygen levels were 100%. I think I had just got myself stressed out. I felt reassured that I had been properly checked out by a doc.

This morning another appointment with another doc who again checked me over and everything was excellent. I just need to wait now for the referral letter to come through from the cardiologist which could be a few weeks. I did mention that I had been fasting two days a week to lose weight and she was happy for me to continue doing so as long as drink plenty of water and that anything I do to keep my weight down is a good thing.

I feel a lot more relaxed about things now. The constant mild pounding is just annoying. The A & E doc even suggested that the pounding in my chest may have nothing to do with the 'break in the rhythm, which she called a QTC and I could even have been born with it. They took a lot more bloods from me today so check for everything under the sun so are being very thorough. Ten out of ten to the NHS.

When I read of Betsy's problems I am brought back down to reality pretty quickly.

Thanks again everyone for your support. @rawkaren, and all I will keep you updated.
17 Jan 2014, 19:36
Azureblue wrote:
rawkaren wrote: More on animals. Just discovered my cat likes peanut butter. Had some on my fingers as was scraping the bottom of the jar with spoon :shock: :shock: whilst sitting at my desk, and it gets everywhere (not a fast day today), and he decides to get involved. Hope its not toxic for them :confused:

Erm, what happens to purrypaws pussycat when you are far far away?
:0.

OH is minding the fort. Pussycat gets the office to himself (we have to share the chair) :grin: Going to miss him on my weeks away :cry: :cry:
17 Jan 2014, 19:38
@wildmissus So glad you got yourself checked out and that it was quick too. Maybe the added stress of it all made it worse somehow. Keep us posted.
17 Jan 2014, 19:57
@wildmissus so glad you're in good hands. Keep us posted and it the meantime, try not to get too stressed (I know, easier said than done!)

Dogs love peanut butter Karen! I bought some puppy kong stuffing today and left it, shop wrapped and lidded, at the bottom of the stairs. Took eye off pups, who's now shredded the wrapping and taken the squirty lid off it. Can't squirt it any more.... dratted puppy!
17 Jan 2014, 20:05
Oh the joy of puppyhood!
17 Jan 2014, 22:54
Now that I've caught up with the chat, @Julieathome, terracotta is making a come back - terracotta, brown, grey and cream would look good together.
17 Jan 2014, 23:04
So relieved to see you back on the forum @wildmissus been worried about you and have missed you. Haven't read your post properly yet. Will do now, just wanted to welcome you back x
17 Jan 2014, 23:11
:heart: Glad all is well now @wildmissus you must have had quite a scare but a few doctors have checked you out so that must have reassured you :heart: and as you said we can always find someone else in a far worse state.
:heart: Best of luck and take care of yourself :heart: Sue♥
17 Jan 2014, 23:18
I normally check in from my laptop, but am sitting in bed with the tablet and I've just seen your avatar MOVE!! Never does that on the laptop, Sue!! Too cute!
17 Jan 2014, 23:21
wildmissus wrote:

I feel a lot more relaxed about things now. The constant mild pounding is just annoying. The A & E doc even suggested that the pounding in my chest may have nothing to do with the 'break in the rhythm, which she called a QTC and I could even have been born with it. They took a lot more bloods from me today so check for everything under the sun so are being very thorough. Ten out of ten to the NHS.

From your description this sounds like a long QT interval. It can be something you are born with but probably not. The symptoms of that are fainting or sudden death! Google long QT syndrome.

I had this problem last year and ended up in Emergency. Scary!! I had heaps of tests which were OK and the rhythm reverted by itself. The doc said it just happens sometimes. I've had it since but never quite as bad and the frequency and duration have gradually diminished so now I just get the occasional delayed beat. My sister who is 2 years older than me has it as well. Not sure how old you are but apparently it can be related to menopause.

Try not to worry too much and let us know how it pans out.
Previous 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 85 of 134