The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 88 of 134
Previous 1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
18 Jan 2014, 11:07
PennyForthem wrote: Morning tweeps!
Have DM'd you Karen re Twitter.
I've prepared a guide for people to start using twitter (for some reason, I'm asked quite a lot) so if anyone wants a copy, DM me.
However, @WendyDarling is probably on the case as I speak!

Would love to be initiated into the secret world of Twitter Penny, have an account but no idea what I'm doing! :confused: My twitter 'name' (is that even the right word?) is @CalbroxCarol. Any help most appreciated and would love to be added to your tweets along with @rawkaren, @Wendy Darling and any others on here. :oops:
Hope you enjoy the posh lunch! x
18 Jan 2014, 11:12
Looks like we could be getting a masterclass callyanna. My name is @debandju and like you, no idea what I'm doing!!!

Right, bedtime. Hoping for a quieter night, no heat or thunder!!
18 Jan 2014, 11:15
After a search deep in my archives, my twitter name is @HarkerLords
18 Jan 2014, 11:20
How do you all find enough time in the day for all these things like Twitter, Facebook etc? I have to seriously limit my time just on this one forum or I would never get off the sofa and my life would cease to exist as I now know it, laundry would be a forgotten art, hoovering would be a dim and distant memory and ironing would be consigned to the........hang on.........mmmmm........perhaps twitter and FB might be a more interesting way to waste my time than domestic trivialities.....oops, just spotted a cobweb, see you all later

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Jan 2014, 11:22
Morning all..trying to catch up!
Whats a DM please,i know PM ,but DM :confused:
Also re Twitter,did i see someone saying they will do a thread to show us how to use it..i have a twit name which ive forgotten..as when i ventured in there i cdnt work out what to do
I guess the firstthing wd be to remember my twitname! :razz:
18 Jan 2014, 11:23
Should we start a twitter thread? So we know where to go to find each other etc.
18 Jan 2014, 11:26
CandiceMarie wrote: Morning all..trying to catch up!
Whats a DM please,i know PM ,but DM :confused:
Also re Twitter,did i see someone saying they will do a thread to show us how to use it..i have a twit name which ive forgotten..as when i ventured in there i cdnt work out what to do
I guess the firstthing wd be to remember my twitname! :razz:

Had to look my name up too CM! didn't want to show my ignorance by querying what a DM was either :oops: , just thought Penny had made a typo and meant PM, shows how little I know! :doh:
18 Jan 2014, 11:27
I don't even know how to use facebook let alone twitter. Do you girls use facebook as well or is twitter better?

@rawkaren, has it ever crossed you mind that this is just a fad diet like many other diets in the past and we have just got on the band wagon and got carried away with the forum? I have certainly considered that but discounted it. There is just too much positive science, fact and sustainability about it. I guess that other people who have tried it and given up might call it a fad diet but it is the best thing that has happened to me.

@Manderley, I understand your frustration. Like you I live in a small town (10,000 people). We have a brand new health centre with a small A & E with brand new equipment but no-one who can use it! So if someone breaks a leg and you go to our A & E there is a beautiful new x-ray machine but you are sent to Inverness which is about half an hour away and that is if you have someone to drive you in a car. Also like @julianna, if you have to phone the docs for an appointment you have to get past a receptionist first. If you want an appointment they ask you 20 questions. I hate this as they have no medical training and two of them are my personal friends I don't want to discuss my problems with them at that time and of course I am usually at work when I phone the docs and anyone can listen in if I'm not careful. Fortunately this time it worked in my favour. Rant over.
18 Jan 2014, 11:28
Anyone who wants my Twitter guide, DM me. I'll need your email, but it's 2 way trust, cos you'll get mine, too!
off out soon.
18 Jan 2014, 11:39
Pens can pls email me it..thank you x
And can you let me and Cally know what DM means? X
18 Jan 2014, 11:43
wildmissus wrote: I don't even know how to use facebook let alone twitter. Do you girls use facebook as well or is twitter better?

@rawkaren, has it ever crossed you mind that this is just a fad diet like many other diets in the past and we have just got on the band wagon and got carried away with the forum? I have certainly considered that but discounted it. There is just too much positive science, fact and sustainability about it. I guess that other people who have tried it and given up might call it a fad diet but it is the best thing that has happened to me.

[ .

@wildmissus hope you ok? Re heart?
Too much to trawl thru after being away for prob less than 24 hrs i think..everything moves fast on here!
Totes agree with yr paragraph re 5:2 / fad etc..x
18 Jan 2014, 11:59
a DM is a direct message on Twitter. So a private message basically :-)
18 Jan 2014, 12:04
Wow girls ( and guys?) I'm finally caught up. Phew! :silly:
Xxx julianna
18 Jan 2014, 13:14
julianna, I feel the same! Turn your back for a few hours and then it takes forever to catch up on what everyone is up too!

I think that Twitter may be a step too far for me. I spend so much time with Facebook and this forum that I have started to set a 30 minute timer to remind me to get up and move for a few minutes (Yes. I have just been reading about NEAT and wondering about introducing FIT into my life. The jury is still out on that!)
18 Jan 2014, 13:20
wildmissus wrote: I don't even know how to use facebook let alone twitter. Do you girls use facebook as well or is twitter better?

@Manderley, I understand your frustration. Like you I live in a small town (10,000 people). We have a brand new health centre with a small A & E with brand new equipment but no-one who can use it! So if someone breaks a leg and you go to our A & E there is a beautiful new x-ray machine but you are sent to Inverness which is about half an hour away and that is if you have someone to drive you in a car. Also like @julianna, if you have to phone the docs for an appointment you have to get past a receptionist first. If you want an appointment they ask you 20 questions. I hate this as they have no medical training and two of them are my personal friends I don't want to discuss my problems with them at that time and of course I am usually at work when I phone the docs and anyone can listen in if I'm not careful. Fortunately this time it worked in my favour. Rant over.

No @wildmissus. I don't. Im in it for the health benefits. I think we are only just beginning to learn.
Previous 1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 88 of 134