The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 82 of 134
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
16 Jan 2014, 17:41
Oh, love the Squirrel Nutkins pics CM! Hope getting out into the fresh air and natural surroundings has helped make you feel slightly better .
Just noticed I'm up to 1000 posts , didn't realise I could natter that much!
16 Jan 2014, 18:55
Oh Candice I sympathise...I've got my 2hour session tomorrow :(. It's amazing how nature can lift your spirits...and squirrels are such fun (as are mice Callyanna!! :grin: )

Hope you're gaining more energy now :heart:
16 Jan 2014, 19:11
I have far too many mouse encounters but the funniest has to be from a few years ago when I was recovering from a foot op and was spending a lot of time sitting in the lounge with my foot up. One of the cats had brought a mouse in the previous day and promptly let it go. Eventually, the cats gave up on trying to extract it from under the dresser, where it was hiding and it must have made it's way to the open fireplace. The following day I was sitting reading a book when I was aware of being watched - Mr Mousy had come out of the fireplace and was sitting atop the fireguard, nibbling a rose in a bouquet of flowers I had in the hearth! He survived a few days and popped out a couple more times before the cats eventually caught up with him!
16 Jan 2014, 20:28
Who remember Wham ! ?

I am trying to find the rigbt music to put on my new phone (4Go) and, as a result, I am listening (and singing) to Wham, a big smile in my face. Pathetic, I know..... :lol:

FYI the first song I translated in French to learn English was "Where did your heart go" in 1986... :heart: :grin:
16 Jan 2014, 20:43
Oh Madcatlady that's such a horrible ending to the story :(
16 Jan 2014, 21:14
Sweet photos Candicemarie. Hope the squirrels restored your equilibrium and you feel better x
16 Jan 2014, 21:56
Manderley wrote: Who remember Wham ! ?

I am trying to find the rigbt music to put on my new phone (4Go) and, as a result, I am listening (and singing) to Wham, a big smile in my face. Pathetic, I know..... :lol:

FYI the first song I translated in French to learn English was "Where did your heart go" in 1986... :heart: :grin:

@manderley. I was a very big Wham! fan. That song. Reminds me of an old flame. He worked in Holland and me in the UK. We worked together. Very long time ago but every time I hear that song I remember.....
16 Jan 2014, 22:00
Madcatlady wrote: I have far too many mouse encounters but the funniest has to be from a few years ago when I was recovering from a foot op and was spending a lot of time sitting in the lounge with my foot up. One of the cats had brought a mouse in the previous day and promptly let it go. Eventually, the cats gave up on trying to extract it from under the dresser, where it was hiding and it must have made it's way to the open fireplace. The following day I was sitting reading a book when I was aware of being watched - Mr Mousy had come out of the fireplace and was sitting atop the fireguard, nibbling a rose in a bouquet of flowers I had in the hearth! He survived a few days and popped out a couple more times before the cats eventually caught up with him!

@madcatlady. I live in the countryside and now used to my cat Archie bringing in stuff (and cats from before him). 5am this morning a bird. He was very pleased with himself. I have chased baby bunnies around the lounge (a fishing net is a very useful device), assorted mice - can be quite aggressive. Shrews are easy because they die within hours if they can't feed. Bats - v naughty, because you get fined. He just plays with them as toys, but recently he has resorted to biting off their heads. Can't decide whether this is good or bad. :shock: :confused:
16 Jan 2014, 22:02
@candicemarie. Sending you cheeryness. Hope you feel better tomorrow :heart: :heart: :heart:
16 Jan 2014, 22:07
No, very bad!! it is estimated that cats kill approximately 100 million native birds and animals in Australia every year and are aiding in the loss of some of the small native species. Unfortunately there are a lot of feral ones, often cats left in the wild as the owners don't want them and think it is humane. It isn't. They suffer, the wildlife suffers. Some councils have brought in cat curfews to stop them wandering at night.
An an enviro., it is a subject I get very passionate about as they cause so much damage. And I do love cats, but responsibly owned ones. That is rare unfortunately.

There, I'll put my soapbox away now!!!
16 Jan 2014, 22:16
Debs wrote: No, very bad!! it is estimated that cats kill approximately 100 million native birds and animals in Australia every year and are aiding in the loss of some of the small native species. Unfortunately there are a lot of feral ones, often cats left in the wild as the owners don't want them and think it is humane. It isn't. They suffer, the wildlife suffers. Some councils have brought in cat curfews to stop them wandering at night.
An an enviro., it is a subject I get very passionate about as they cause so much damage. And I do love cats, but responsibly owned ones. That is rare unfortunately.

There, I'll put my soapbox away now!!!

I agree @debs. They can be cruel creatures. The only alternative point of view is that I don't think they should be locked up. I always get sad when I see animals having to live indoors, claws taken out etc etc. Not natural. But I agree with culling and curfews.
16 Jan 2014, 22:24
We always try to rescue mice and birds and return them to the wild if we can before they get hurt - not a brilliant success rate but we try - to be honest I think ours catch as much during the day as during the night - most of them sleep when we do as well as most of the day!
16 Jan 2014, 22:30
True rawkaren and I support both of those too. Our friends have built an amazing cat home with lots of wire outdoor tunnels that their two wander around in taunting the possums. The other advantage is that they are protected from the brown snake that lives in their garden.
16 Jan 2014, 22:31
You probably already know this but if not......... Freeze a sliced banana (on the turn is good) but not until it's rock solid! Then whizz it in a food processor or the like. It is gawjus, very like ice cream. It will keep you wilting flowers down under nice and cool :deadrose: :umbrella:
16 Jan 2014, 22:33
He he, thank you wendydarling!! We are certainly wilting, didn't get below 30 last night and I nearly got up to sneak into the insomniac tent for a while, but didn't want to wake up sleeping beauty next to me!! At least he wasn't snoring :wink: :sleepy:
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 82 of 134