The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

173 posts Page 5 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
Great idea :)

Where do you come from? I was born and bred in South Africa until moving in 2006.

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) I now live in rural NSW, Australia on a farm that is mostly bushy scrub, no neighbours in sight :), an old farm house with no air conditioning which has been challenging in summer!

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 41

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) I work in Childcare, full time, in a 0-3 year old room, studying for a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education by distance education. I am also a homemaker, not a very good one though.

What are your hobbies/interests? I love reading, photography and I am learning to run. I hope to run a whole 5k this year. Last year my family and I did a 5k Color run and an 8k Mud Run. They were both amazing experiences but I'd like to be fitter for the next ones.

What do you wish you had more time for? Reading, learning about photo editing, running and other fitness.

Do you have a partner and/or kids? My husband of 21 years and 2 children. My daughter is 20 this year and starting at Uni studying Paramedic Science. My son is 18 this year and will hopefully finish school respectably this year.

Do you have any pets? I'm looking after pets my children brought home - one Jack Russell, 4 cats, 2 lovebirds, 3 chickens and 1 snake, although to be fair I have drawn the line at taking care of the snake!

What's your favourite colour? Way too many to choose from, but if I had to, probably green

What's your favourite film? Not really into films. Maybe Mamma Mia.

What's your favourite song or band? Too many to choose one, at the moment I am listening to Abba, Taylor Swift, Delta Goodrem, Damien Leith.....

What's your desktop wallpaper? A photo of a baboon that my husband took in the Kruger Park in South Africa the last time we were there, about 5 years ago. Looking forward to another visit to see my family there in May of this year :grin:

Looking forward to reading through all the other replies :smile:
Where do you come from?
N. London

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Middlesex but still N.London really.

How old are you? (an age range will do!)

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
I am a Tattoo Artist and am going to be celebrating 30 years as one this August.

What are your hobbies/interests?
Parelli Natural Horsewomanship. Art. Painting. Knitting. Music. Sewing. Making wine and jam. Fish and reptile keeping. Dogs. Driving my car/riding my bike.

What do you wish you had more time for?
My horse but actually everything. Not enough hours in the day!

Do you have a partner and/or kids?
No partner. Two adult sons.

Do you have any pets?
My beloved Thoroughbred/Cleveland Bay horse Breeze. Dogs, Freyja the Bullie and Frank the Patterjack. Heddy the Iguana. Snaga the Royal Python. Fish..lots of fish.

What's your favourite colour?
Black.

What's your favourite film?
Lost in Translation.
What's your favourite song or band?'
I love music. Most music. Music is always playing, on the radio, in the car and at work. Currently listening to lots of Ska. And Kings of Leon new album. But a lot of Ryan Adams, Fugazi and Morrissey/The Smiths too.

What's your desktop wallpaper?
My horse Breeze.
Great idea!

Where do you come from? I'm from Ireland.

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Currently living in Budapest, Hungary. I moved here 18 months ago having spent the previous 4.5 years in Warsaw.

How old are you? (an age range will do!)35

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
Currently at home but finally have a plan and studying Anatomy and Physiology by distance learning.

reading, I'm a bookworm. Now running and getting fit! Travelling, I read a quote recently that described me perfectly, it said 'I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list'!

What do you wish you had more time for? Travelling, reading, sleeping!

Husband and 2 beautiful daughters aged 4 and 20 months.

Do you have any pets?
Nope

Purple, blue, orange, I love colour.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

What's your favourite song or band?
Leonard Cohen or Nick Cave or The Cure. Poetry to music basically.

My girls!
Noticed you were interested in Roman history @carorees. That was my first degree and something I love, any ancient history in fact!
Love your music @jejum. I've been to see all of them, brilliant!
Where do you come from?
Coventry, UK

Currently between my home town of Coventry and my study town of Bath

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 23

Currently studying to become an architect (4 and a half years done 2 and a half to go!)

I play Netball, Badminton, Squash. Help coach an U10's football team. Am also a big fan of Scandinavian crime TV series!

Sleeping!

Not yet.

Do you have any pets?
No

Maroon.

Ferris Buellers Day Off

Artic Monkeys

Photo of me and my little brother on holiday last year.
Wow! what a cosmopolitan lot we are! Some of you lead such amazing, interesting lives, love reading about them but makes my life seem very mundane by comparison!
Where do you come from?
Finland, though lived a long time in England and 'overseas'.

On a very beautiful island in SW Finland

Jack of all trades. Lasts was Master of Theology, now been on sick pension

walking, exercising, reading, painting, gardening, reading

art work

yes, a long term hubby and 2 kids grown up, living in UK

Do you have any pets?
No, my Collie died several years back

green

Pride and Prejudice, with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehrle

Miserere....really old music

An archipelago photo I took, island, sky and sea.
I'm Wendy, born and raised in the Netherlands but moved for further study to Australia in my early twenties. Now live in South Australia. I am 46 and work for the state government.
I love cooking, baking, drinking and reading about wine, gym, travel and spending time with my daughter.
Not enough time for walking on the beach.
Partner and our 11-yr old daughter.
We have two guinea pigs roaming around the garden.
Favourite colour is blue, except for clothing.
Not a great film buff but I never tire of watching Pride and Prejudice. More of a West Wing and House of Cards fan.
I love anything composed by Philip Glass, and other minimalists, Mahler and some jazz. Also recent music (such as Avici and Rheanna) to help me do my exercises and runs.
Desktop wallpaper is image from holiday in Crete.
Welcome to the forums, Margotsylvia!
Where do you come from?
I was born in Essex, UK

In the East Midlands, still the UK.

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 41 going on 17!

I'm in Marketing.

Loads of reading, drinking wine, walking my dogs, camping and caravanning.

Definitely sleeping! No amount of sleep is ever enough.

One husband, a son and a step-daughter.

Do you have any pets?
Yep, two dogs, three cats and a hamster.

Red

Too many to choose from but I love Brief Encounter, Waterloo Bridge, Sleepless in Seattle, An Affair to Remember...

The Killers, Keane, Squeeze, Jake Bugg, The Doors....

An old Labrador of mine who passed away a couple of years ago.
Where do you come from? Liverpool

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)France

How old are you? (an age range will do!)54

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) English teacher

What are your hobbies/interests? Blogging, reading, zentangles, cooking, writing

What do you wish you had more time for? Not working!! Writing

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Partner, no kids

Do you have any pets? Four cats

What's your favourite colour? Don't really have one.

What's your favourite film? Shawshank Redemption, Truly Madly Deeply, (anything with Alan(sigh)Rickman), Love Actually

What's your favourite song or band? Elbow (at the moent), Rend Collective Experiment

What's your desktop wallpaper? A photo of three of the four cats
Reading all the replies reminds me of the next line to the song,
'Getting to know you
Getting to like you (all)'!!
Where do you come from?
Preston, Lancashire

Manchester

What do you "do"?
Admin at a fashion designer. I need a new job really, but love the people here.

Reading, reading, more reading. Going to the gym, eating out, going to the cinema.

Reading! Can’t get enough of it. Seeing my boyfriend. Going from living together to seeing him every few weeks is beyond rubbish.

See above. No kids.

Do you have any pets?
I have a beautiful doggy called Sophie that lives with my Mum. When I lived with my Mum and Dad I idolised her, but now they’ve split up and my Mum has disappeared with Sophie. I miss her so much it breaks my heart – I don’t think you understand how much you can love a pet until you’ve had one yourself.

I never really know what to say, but perhaps coral.

Too many! I love films that really make you think, usually based on real life.

Too difficult! I love Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls though, such a lovely song.

Cringe, at the minute it’s the lovely flowers my other half sent to work the other day. Does that make me really sad!?
Great idea.

Where do you come from? Manchester UK

Where do you live now? as above!

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 30 I wish 58 in truth!

What do you "do"? Homemaker - retired early from being a secretary

What are your hobbies/interests? Photography, Travel, cats, cat and did I mention cats :heart:

What do you wish you had more time for? Nothing really now i';m finished work!

Do you have a partner and/or kids? No kids sadly but Hubby paul - married 41 years this April

Do you have any pets? yes. 3 cats.... my furkids Toby - 17 year old Birman , and jake and levi rescue Brothers aged 5 aka the Hooligens :heart:

What's your favourite colour? Turqouise

What's your favourite film? Mama Mia and Dirty Dancing

What's your favourite song or band? Anything Soul

What's your desktop wallpaper? A photo of hubby and I taken In Mexico on our Ruby Wedding Anniversary
Now, this is perfect procrastination from work!

Where do you come from? Devon, UK, on the edge of Dartmoor National Park :) Grew up on a farm, still at my happiest in the mud.

Where do you live now? Sheffield, UK. Was worried about moving to city life initially, but I adore this place, and I'm smack on the edge of a National Park again!

How old are you? 20. Wisdom teeth yet to emerge.

What do you "do"? I'm 3rd-year Zoology student at Sheffield Uni. Love it, but things are getting a bit busy!

What are your hobbies/interests? I like to walk-- sometimes with the uni's walking club, but I find wandering off on my own very therapeutic too! I draw and doodle in any spare moment. Used to sail in my teenage years, but that's a bit expensive now! Also a fan of cryptic crosswords and jigsaws (I'm middle-aged already it seems).

What do you wish you had more time for? I wish I had more time to read fiction: doing a very reading-heavy module currently, so if I settle down at bedtime with a book, it's always about science! I also plan on picking up my art materials again in my summer break.

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Boyfriend is a composer and music teacher... he's 29 and we've been going out for 2 and a half years, so at least we're in the same decade now :wink:

Do you have any pets? Not at uni unfortunately, though Max, my old border collie mix, is my shadow when I'm home in the holidays!

What's your favourite colour? One colour on its own is no good. All of them, please!

What's your favourite film? I'm hopeless at films: never get round to watching them! Got a very long list of classics that I need to get round to watching. However, boyfriend is very into cinema, so he's always taking me to see films: best one I've seen recently was Philomena.

What's your favourite song or band? I like my music a bit weird, and I can never choose between my favourite bands. Wild Beasts, Yeasayer, The Antlers and Crystal Castles are what I groove to, baby.

What's your desktop wallpaper? It's on slideshow mode, but right now... a picture of my housemate and me hitting each other with pillows. We were a bit tipsy, let's say... :oops:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
173 posts Page 5 of 12