Where do you come from?
Adelaide, South Australia.

Where do you live now?
Melbourne, Victoria (Australia)

How old are you? A young 61.

What do you "do"?
Retired Bookseller and Researcher; teach Adult literacy;

What are your hobbies/interests?
Reading, cooking, noodling on various forums, talking.

What do you wish you had more time for?
I have sufficient time.

Do you have a partner and/or kids?
Yes and Yes and one gorgeous granddaugter

Do you have any pets?
No – our beloved 22yr old doggie Harry died 10 days ago. :heart: :heart:

What's your favourite colour?
Red and Pink.

What's your favourite film? – Love actually; green mile; most musicals.

What's your favourite song or band? – If I feel, by the Beatles.

What's your desktop wallpaper? – Picture of our little doggie boy who has now gone to doggie heaven.
:cry: :cry:
Where do you come from? Portsmouth, Hampshire

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) Milton Keynes - too far from the sea

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 57

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) Finance dept of a global bank.

What are your hobbies/interests? Our 1 yr old grandson, reading, cooking, sewing, genealogy

What do you wish you had more time for? Our grandson

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Yes, one OH & one son

Do you have any pets? Not any more. Our sweet 16 yr old dog Charlie went to sleep in October & its too soon yet

What's your favourite colour? jewel colours at the mo - jade, purple, blue

What's your favourite film? Lord of the Rings trilogy

What's your favourite song or band? Queen, The Who

What's your desktop wallpaper? Grandson
loversghost wrote:
What are your hobbies/interests? Music, choral singing - I sing in a big choir in London and we're going to China on tour in April

Hey loversghost, I'm going to China in Sep with one of my choirs. I look forward to hearing about your experience!
Maggiee wrote: Nice post, many thanks @Moogie

Do you have any pets?
No – our beloved 22yr old doggie Harry died 10 days ago. :heart: :heart:

I'm so sorry for your loss. But wow - 22 years, that is amazing! I had a dog that lived to be 17 and we thought that was a long life! You must have given him a very good home!
Great thread :-)

here do you come from?
Hampshire, UK

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Boston, Massachusetts. USA

How old are you? (an age range will do!)

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
Medical educator In pharmaceutical industry

Yoga, spinning, photography, dancing, hiking, sailing, eating :-)

Traveling across the US, all those national parks and not enough time!

Yes/no

Do you have any pets?
No

Blue

What's your favourite film?
Blade runner (Harrison Ford :-))

What's your favourite song or band?
Too difficult to chose one!

What's your desktop wallpaper?
Revolving slide show of photos I've taken during my travels across the world
Where do you come from? Originally the Cleveland, Ohio area, we moved to the Chicago area 26 years ago.

Where do you live now? Far north of Chicago, almost in Wisconsin – that’s why I love cheese. (Actually, Ohio is a cheese state too)

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 52

What do you "do"? My day job is as an Adult Education GED teacher for a community college teaching reading, writing, math for adults needing to get their hs diploma. I’m also an Usui/Karuna Reiki Master Teacher and teach for a non-profit in cancer centers and homeless veteran centers.

What are your hobbies/interests? Reiki, stress management, meditation, reading, cooking shows, cooking & lately this 5:2 forum!

What do you wish you had more time for? Cooking, travel

Do you have a partner and/or kids? I have an awesome husband of 28 years and two kids – a 22 year old son who is in grad school and an 18 year old daughter who is graduating high school in May. We’ll be empty nesters when she goes off to college in the fall – oh my!!

Do you have any pets? A beautiful white 9 yr. old bichon frise named Daisy – a bouncing ball of joy if ever there was one.

What's your favourite colour? Deep periwinkle/lavender blue

What's your favourite film? Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. Oh, and Mary Poppins (started my anglophilia I think).

What's your favourite song or band? Sting, Sting with The Police & Synchronicity all time favorites, but lately I’ve been listening to video game soundtracks – they’re quite amazing (Halo Reach, Skyrim the Elder Scrolls)

What's your desktop wallpaper? On my home computer – a class picture from my Karuna Reiki class at Stonehenge in June 2011, at work, it’s a picture of the Chalice Well from Glastonbury (same trip).
South Africa

Living:
Pretoria, South Africa

Do:
Engineer

Hobbies:
Running, but last Sept picked up an injury and sat around moping and getting fat, don't know if I will ever run properly again, but that is how I found you nice people and this forum. Recently I got a mountain bike so I see cycling in my future. :grin:

More time for:
Exploring my beautifull country and surrounding Southern Africa

Partner / Kids
Married almost 20 years and 2 girls (18 and 15)

Pets:
2 Dogs, 1 parrot, 1 Boa constrictor, a pond full of goldfish, 1 recently deceased bearded dragon. :cry:

Colour:
No idea

Film:
Memphis Belle

Song:
Weeping by Bright Blue, if you don't know this one take 5 minutes on you tube, well worth it.

Wallpaper:
Some microsoft icon - I think.
[/quote]

Hey loversghost, I'm going to China in Sep with one of my choirs. I look forward to hearing about your experience![/quote]

Well I'll let you know! Shanghai first, then Guangzhou and finally Hong Kong. It means I get to sing the St. Matthew Passion LOADS of times. Fine by me!!! :smile:
A very enjoyable thread Moogie!
Where do you come from?
Portsmouth Hampshire

Where do you live now?
West Sussex

How old are you?

What do you do?
Now retired. I was an Occupational & Careers Adviser working with disabled people & a volunteer Therapeutic Counsellor in my local counselling service.

Beading & making jewellery, Chinese Brush Painting, reading historical romance, detective thrillers, fantasy & sci fi , going to the cinema & classical concerts. Attending FE classes currently Ancient History & Latin.

I have time but not always enough money to travel to more archaeology sights around the world.

Do you have a partner &/or kids?
A husband & two sons & soon to be daughter in law.

Do you have any pets?
Not now but previously two elderly cats one who died naturally & the other we had to have put to sleep because of heart failure. :cry:

Cerise pink & blue

Top Gun & Fifth Element & films with humour in them

I like classical music & listening to Radio 2 so don't really have one

What's on your desk top wallpaper?
Used to be my cat Isis but don't have one on my iPad
Where do you come from? Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK

Where do you live now? On a Boat in the Algarve Portugal :grin:

How old are you? 40 but not for long! :curse:

What do you "do"? Face Painter, I make & sell Jewellery & hold workshops. Plus I also do a little website designing

What are your hobbies and interests? Well my life style is great really albeit hard work (not all G&T's on the foredeck darling)I love the creative side of my work. Socializing, there is such a huge community of yachties that there is often some social gathering of some description.

What do you wish you had more time for? I just wish there were more hours in the day the days go so..... fast here!

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Yes I have OH and 2 daughters 21 & 25 & I recently acquired a son-in-law :like:

Do you have any pets? My oldest daughter & s.i,l took our cat in when we moved here as she was too old then to move on the boat but she still thinks she's a kitten now at the grand age of 17 lol

What's your favourite colour? ohhh a tough one depends on the time of year however blue is an all time favourite I just love blue skies :cool:

What's your favourite film? I suppose i'm a chick flick, fantasy kind of girl

What's your favourite song or band? Muse, Cery's Mathews a lot of indie stuff, however on saying that I really do have such an eclectic range on my mp3 player :razz:

What's your desktop wallpaper? A photo bomb of a seal with a smile in front of a load a penguins! it's really funny.
Where do you come from?
Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Leeds

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
PhD Student

Dance, Science, Environment

Dancing

Long term partner, no kids.

Do you have any pets?
None

Orange

Run Lola Run

Regina Spektor - Samson

Ubuntu (Linux) standard wallpaper
Hello one and all. Great to read about you all!
Where do you come from?

I grew up in Shepparton in country Victoria Australia

In Wattle Glen a outer suburb of Melbourne

67 68 at the end of the month

Retired from a banking career

Caravanning reading knitting and crocheting

I wish I had more money to travel as I have the time to do most things I want to do.

Husband of 45 years 2 daughters,2 sons and 3 lovely grandchildren

Do you have any pets?

1 10 year old cat named Sheba

Any shade of blue

Any film that makes me cry

The Beatles or ABBA

Pictures taken on our various caravanning trips

Thanks Moogie for a great thread
Where do you come from? The west of Scotland

Where do you live now? Nearer the east coast of Scotland

How old are you? 67

What do you "do"? Retired from the rat race after spending many years in Hospitality Management.....NO, the customer is NOT always right. Followed that with too many years in senior admin as a Project Manager and a Management Systems Initiator. - now designing and making jewellery http://www.morganajewellery.co.uk

What are your hobbies/interests? as well as making jewellery, Books; History; Archaeology; flora; fauna; photography; painting and I'm a volunteer with Woodland Trust Scotland

My ambition to stay healthy and also to complete at least one 'Race for Life' 5k RUN (and I will RUN it) before my 70th birthday in 2016

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Husband, 2 grown up children 3 grandchildren

Do you have any pets? A 9 year old Border terrier called Tearlach (Gaelic for Charlie and pronounced much the same)

What's your favourite colour? Purple

What's your favourite film? Don't have one

What's your favourite song or band? Bob Dylan

What's your desktop wallpaper? a photo of highland cows on the Isle of Islay
Wow! I've just spent all afternoon reading this. Very enjoyable.

I think @Moogie you need to change the forum colours to purple!! Seems to be very popular.

Where do you come from?
Sydney Australia

Sydney but spent 2 years in Hong Kong and 4 in the beautiful countryside of Kent :grin:

Just turned 53 but have yet to work out what I want to do when I grow up!

Retired from the paid workforce when I had my daughter 25 years ago.

Cross stitching, patchwork, reading, I love watching cycling (tho I don't cycle) especially the Tour de France which means I am exhausted in July as I am up all hours of the night :bugeyes:, going to the opera (just saw La Boheme at the Sydney Opera House and it was magnificent) :grin: , pottering around the house when home alone :grin: :grin: golf but haven't been able to play for two years due to injury :cry: going to the movies, have just become addicted to Pininterest which is consuming way too much of my time at the moment. Isn't the internet a great (but enjoyable) time waster???

I generally have plenty of time to do what I want but I wish I had more of an inclination to keep my house tidy and cook! Also struggling to keep up with this forum as it all moves too quickly and I don't seem to have the time to make the posts I would like to :lol:

Husband of 30 years in 10 days time, two children 25/23 one of each. About to become empty nester for the first time this week and am really excited. I do love them dearly but its time!

Do you have any pets?
Sadly, gorgeous labrador we brought home from the UK died a few years ago. Haven't got another one as don't want to be tied down to a pet at the moment but wouldn't rule out a jack russell in the future as they are personality plus!

I love lots of colour and different ones for diff things. I love orange, red, green, black/white/red combo. I love living with yellow walls and love sleeping on blue or white sheets. I love my red dining room and I like wearing black, green and red (though not all at the same time) :razz:

Way too hard to choose. I do love a romcom if not too cheesey, a period drama, love the Die Hard movies (love a man with a twinkle in his eye and Bruce Willis certainly has that) anything with Judi Dench in or has great acting. On the TV can't get enough of the Scandinavian shows - Borgen, the Killing, the Bridge being my all time faves. Love Mad Men and Modern Family (such clever witty dialogue!). English crime shows - is there anyone left in Midsomer or have they all been murdered!! French movies too and anything that makes me laugh

I do love music but find I listen to podcasts more than music - BBC Friday night comedy news quiz, This American Life and the Conversation Hour with Richard Fidler from the ABC radio.

So much technology now; phone - my two gorgeous children, ipad - a beautiful quilt I saw at the Sydney Quilt show last year, computer - rolling photos from our library
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
173 posts Page 7 of 12