The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

50 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: My so called life
12 Aug 2015, 02:52
That's wonderful news!

New York food is not at all what people think of as American food. Lots of wonderful options. The biggest problem isn't the calories but the expense.

Well maybe the bagels will be a problem, as they are so delicious in the city, like none anywhere else. The really good NY pizza seems to have been gentrified into extinction. I grew up on the Upper West Side and the fifteen cent pizza slices, cut out of huge pies whose crusts were spun theatrically in the windows of the tiny takeout shops by handsome men who could only have been named Tony, remain among my happiest food memories. If there are still real Jewish delis, they too are a treat. But you are far away from the suburban strip mall food deserts in NYC.
12 Aug 2015, 03:11
Congratulations, MaryAnn!
You might talk to @rawkaren about shipping cats. Sounds like a band name... The Shipping Cats. Hm.
12 Aug 2015, 05:22
Thanks so much, everyone! I hope my reaction to the relief of this good news is eventually to stop so much emotional eating and get my non-fast days properly in check. Today however, the champagne is flowing! (or the cava, actually, so far…)

speaking of band names:
rsz_bandnames.jpg
rsz_bandnames.jpg (28.44 KiB) Viewed 558 times
12 Aug 2015, 08:21
Congratulations@MaryAnn
12 Aug 2015, 08:22
Congratulations
12 Aug 2015, 10:13
@MaryAnn fabulous news, well done and congratulations to you. :airplane: lucky :usa: :cat: :cat:
12 Aug 2015, 10:19
Fabulous news, delighted for you. Is there somewhere to live included? Much joy to you honey :grin: :geek: :cool:
12 Aug 2015, 11:00
Fantastic news, Congratulations :heart:
12 Aug 2015, 11:45
Only saw it now but it's never too late, congratulations !!!! You must be so relieve....

And the furry mum in me, how will your cats be shipped ? How long is the flight ? Do they have a quarantine when they arrive ?
12 Aug 2015, 11:52
Great news MaryAnne, well deserved success! Wishing you all the very best in your new job and new life!
12 Aug 2015, 13:13
How exciting MaryAnn! Good luck to you!
Dee
12 Aug 2015, 14:03
Great news, congratulations.
12 Aug 2015, 14:10
Congratulations MaryAnn. I understand your fears - I had them too. Job is the priority though and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck!
12 Aug 2015, 15:44
Oh congratulations!! That's fantastic!!!
Don't worry as much about American food. In NYC you'll be doing so much walking. You don't see fat NYers nearly as much as fat suburbanites ;-)

That's such great news - well done!
12 Aug 2015, 16:17
Warmest congratulations! It sounds a great opportunity in every way. :victory:
50 posts Page 3 of 4