The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

50 posts Page 1 of 4
My so called life
28 Jul 2015, 16:38
so some of you know that I'm looking for a new job because I didn't get tenure where I am. Well, today I had my first interview. At Columbia university . It could be worse. I had to give a 10 minute lecture. I decided to do it on leptin. Mighty brave or mighty dumb. Fingers crossed! Watch this space!
Re: My so called life
28 Jul 2015, 18:22
My Fingers are Crossed for you :clover:
28 Jul 2015, 18:44
Hi @MaryAnn the world is your oyster. How come USA?, just reaching out to many possibilities? :heart:
28 Jul 2015, 20:34
Good choice of topic! How did it go? X
28 Jul 2015, 22:05
Wishing you the best of luck. Fingers crossed for you!
28 Jul 2015, 22:51
Crossing fingers and toes for double luck :clover: :crossed:

What about your cats ?
28 Jul 2015, 23:41
Best of luck @MaryAnn. It would be great to have you in this part of the world!! My own state, no less--maybe you'll have an interview here at Cornell :smile:
29 Jul 2015, 01:23
Good luck MaryAnn and very best wishes! :clover: We look forward to updates. :)
29 Jul 2015, 01:39
Thanks everyone!

@CandaceMarie, I think it went ok. Because I picked something out of my field, I couldn't answer all of their questions, but I think they appreciated that I had only studied the things directly related to the lecture and would obviously do more for a full 1 h lecture and a full course.

@Lizbean, I'm applying for US, UK, and Japan jobs. There are more jobs right now are in the US, so I'm not surprised my first interview was there. I keep running into the problem in the UK that they already expect you to have a work permit. I'm disqualified before I even apply :-( I guess there has been a change in the law? Some places still seem to consider people without a work permit--maybe they're the only ones willing to try to help you get one? I can't figure it out.

@Manderley, the cats will come with me if I get the job (or whenever i leave). They might have to stay with my mom for awhile until I find a place that lets me keep pets. When I worked at Columbia before, I qualified for their housing. I'm not sure if I still would, or how flexible they are about pets.
29 Jul 2015, 07:19
Oooh exciting! Very best of luck honey, they'll snap you up for your wonderfulness :0)
29 Jul 2015, 07:53
Best of luck to you MaryAnn, fingers crossed for a successful outcome.
29 Jul 2015, 08:16
Fingers crossed!
29 Jul 2015, 13:30
Sure it went alright, but I keep my little Swedish fingers crossed nevertheless. :clover:
29 Jul 2015, 14:04
Good Luck from me, too. :like: :clover: :clover: :clover: :heart:
29 Jul 2015, 14:10
Good Luck @MaryAnn Hope you get your dream job!
50 posts Page 1 of 4