The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

37 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Pretty jolly chuffed!
06 Jul 2014, 13:53
What a fantastic picture. You look so proud of your daughter and she looks proud of you! xxx :heart: xxx
06 Jul 2014, 14:03
Hazelnut, you are on a roll! Lovely picture.
06 Jul 2014, 14:28
Thanks so much for sharing--and congratulations to you both--you look wonderful!
06 Jul 2014, 16:59
What a wonderful post! You look fabulous and the outfit is gorgeous too. That smile says it all.

I don't know you, but I'm really proud of you :smile:
06 Jul 2014, 17:11
I'm really proud of you too! What a fab picture of you both, marvellous what real food and positive support has helped you achieve. You are an inspirational star {{{+}}}
06 Jul 2014, 18:46
Great photo and post Hazelnut! Your smile says it all and you have every reason to be just as proud of yourself as you obviously are of your daughter! x
06 Jul 2014, 19:30
I agree with all of the above. You both have every reason to be proud.
06 Jul 2014, 19:51
You look absolutely lovely, and so does your daughter.

Your weight looks completely normal too, something no one would notice if you didn't bring it up!
06 Jul 2014, 21:18
That's brilliant Hazelnut. Well done to you on the weight loss and your daughter for coming through Uni.
06 Jul 2014, 21:53
Gosh....I don't think anyone has ever called my weight "normal"....how thrilling!

Thank you all for your very kind comments. I found the dress in a charity shop early last year! It is by Coast & is a minty jade coloured lace set over a cream silky fabric. At the time, I could barely fit into it (classic pear!)...but it so caught my eye that I had to buy it & hang it in my wardrobe for "thinspiration", ha ha!

I kept hoping things might come together in time for July 3rd....& magically they did! I really think having certain events to use as goals has helped me enormously. Also, joining in the challenges has been so good too...as it keeps me accountable to myself (which is all that matters!).

I don't really have a 3rd goal as such (since I don't get out all that much!). That said, the end of the Springing into Fall challenge in September coincides with a charity event I am helping to organise - so it would be really nice to have dropped some more weight by then...as it gives me so much confidence! I am hovering outside of the top end of a healthy BMI (not yet turned green...though it doesn't help that I put the wrong height in my Tracker when I first joined the forum!) so that could be a good mini-goal.....The biggest goal after that will be to see how far I have come when I get to my Fastiversary on Nov 25th this year (can't wait!!!)

Love your idea for a new tent @lizbean - a great suggestion! Only slight fly in the ointment is that I would not necessarily be able to post things on the same day as they happen....depending upon how exciting the day had been.....so could we possibly consider a tent that contains a "This Week" element? Many of you might laugh, but I really don't know how to resize photos to fit onto the forum - in fact, sometimes it takes me days! When I asked The Graduate for assistance today, the conversation went something like this:-

G: "Go into Paint, Mum"
Me: "What's Paint?"
G: "OMG.....are you serious?"
Me: "Of course I'm serious.....why else would I ask you for help?"
G: "But you've got an iPhone - so you must know how to work things!"
Me: "No I don't! I've got no idea how to close files down or anything on my phone. I just use it for texting & phoning people..."
G: "OMG........you shouldn't have an iPhone if you don't know how to use it!"

Welcome to my world! Technology has passed me by....& I feel really old!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
06 Jul 2014, 22:06
What a great pic hazelnut20.
You both look fantastic, congratulations.
And you absolutely should feel proud, what a great achievement for both you and your daughter. Enjoy it :heart:
06 Jul 2014, 23:36
You are on fire Hazelnut . you look beautiful and so does your daughter. What did she study at uni? I'm so proud of your weight loss and positive attitude. Your loss has been quite speedy and I often marvel at it. Whatever you are doing- keep doing it and don't stop.
Xxx julianna
06 Jul 2014, 23:50
You should be pretty jolly chuffed Hazelnut. Beautiful you with your beautiful daughter what a wonderful photo. Great inspiration too , thanks!!
Love the technology conversation you had, Ive had quite a few of those with my kids :lol:
06 Jul 2014, 23:51
Hi @Hazelnut20

Oh my, you make me smile every time I read your posts. Welcome to my techno 'wrap it up' world is too - hard, sometimes. :wink:

You would not have to post everyday to :rainbow: The Happy Tent :rainbow: , just set it up and let's see if it has a happy momentum? :lol:

Catch you soon.

Lizbean :heart:
07 Jul 2014, 04:06
What a lovely photo, congratulations to the both of you
37 posts Page 2 of 3