The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

38 posts Page 3 of 3
Well done, you look absolutely wonderful, what an achievement :cool:

Ballerina x :heart:
Congratulations and well done Hazelnut - that is an amazing accomplishment! You are truly inspirational and it's wonderful to hear and see your happiness. Great photo! Here's to the next six months :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
I think my poor body was crying out to be treated better. When I started in November, my knees were having trouble supporting me - I really feel I had reached the very maximum of their limit.

Character-wise, I am a very "all or nothing" kind of girl - either I was going to throw myself into 5:2 wholeheartedly or I wasn't. I was fed up with looking like I did and didn't want to face another summer feeling second-class. The biggest thing for me though, was having my Mother's 80th party to focus on in April. I asked myself how much I needed to lose to feel good....then realised that exercise would have to play a part in the process if there was to be any hope. So, I have gritted my teeth and got on with it.....more walking plus jogging twice a week with a friend.

In the first month, I lost a stone! That really spurred me on. Then I discovered the forum and haven't looked back. Somehow, the 5:2 WOL weaved its magic on me...and my motivation went sky high. I have tweaked around with 4:3 and 16:8 - generally now, I don't eat before mid-day - it's just something I have committed to. The idea of losing 1lb a week, e.g. 52lbs in a year, was enough for me, because nearly 4 stone would make a really significant difference to my health. To be able to shift that sort of amount without feeling constantly deprived......was the stuff of dreams. But, who wouldn't be thrilled if the weight shifted a bit faster? Due to the flying start (even if a lot of it was water), my tracker has tended to hover around an average loss of 1.8lbs per week, which is nothing short of amazing. The scale of my over-eating though, was also amazing. I was being so unkind to myself - trying to fill the emotional voids...that could never be filled. Now though, it's like someone has pressed the "RESET" button....and for the first time in my 51 years I can behave normally around food. The joy is unimaginable. Long may it continue....

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Congratualtions and well done, that's an amazing loss in 6 months and you look fantastic. I love these before and afters, it's just a great reminder that this thingy really works.
Well done from me as well. I totally agree with your comment about the reset button. Happening a bit slower with me tho'. Your rate of weight loss is amazing.
How fabulous, you look great! Congratulations. :party:
Wow@Hazelnut20 :heart: - how fantastic :like: !!! Like some others have said already, you now look like a totally different person - you look amazing Congratulations on what you have achieved so far :victory: :victory: :victory: :heart: .
You look wonderful! Amazing change from the before photo. You look younger!!!
38 posts Page 3 of 3