The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

38 posts Page 1 of 3
6 months ago today, I embarked on a new WOL with 5:2 - having been an overweight serial yo yo dieter and comfort eater for around 3 decades.

I started with 2 targets in mind - though not weight targets. My first target was to look OK for my mother's 80th Birthday party in April this year and the second was to look OK at my daughter's forthcoming graduation on July 3rd. Am delighted to say that I achieved the first target and am well on my way to achieving the second!

As many of you will understand, I have very few photos of myself that I care to make public! The "before" picture was taken last September....so I was a bit lighter than when I weighed in at 15st 8lbs on Nov 25th. There are no photos of me standing up - why would I pose looking that huge - so this is all I have. The "after" photo was taken this morning....in some of my clingiest slobby clothes - sorry!

I am still a work in progress, because I don't have a healthy BMI yet, but according to my scales this morning...I have lost 46lbs in the last 6 months - hurrah!!! It would take all afternoon to tell you what I have gained in the process...but suffice to say that I would like to thank each and every one of you on this wonderful forum for letting me blather on, for sharing the good days and the bad days, for your unwaivering support and encouragement and for all the praise you hand out so generously. I have said it before...and I'll say it again.......I bless the day that I found this forum! You are all wonderful.

So, here goes.....

pernelle FD.png

Thanks for reading xxx :heart:

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Your post sounds so jubilant @Hazelnut20 but I can't see your pictures :frown: It may just be me, but in case it isn't , can you try posting them again.
No, it isn't you @SianS ....it's me!

Everything looked fine when I hit "Preview" - the pictures were there.......then as soon as I hit "Submit" they disappeared....grrr!

Am no good at all this. My daughter is going to try to fix the problem for me - so maybe check back later!

Really sorry.... :frown:

pernelle FD.png

Oops, sorry for the little hiccup.......!
Congratulations and well done @Hazelnut20 :heart:
What a difference 6months has made to you
carry on with all your hard work I know you will because you've been hooked up with this WOL
I can feel that from your posts.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
My first thought Hazelnut20 when viewing those photos was that they couldn't possibly be of the same person! You look amazing and so happy in the recent one, very well done, you are a star! :like: :like: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
WOW Hazelnut 20
46lbs in 6 months is fantastic!!! :star:
But what's even better is how happy & good you look in your photo taken today.
Congratulations :victory: :victory: :victory:
Ohhhhhhhh my good golly! Hazzzzzzzzel! Like cally said, i can't believe the person in the second pic is the same person as in the first!
You look sooooo much younger,generations younger,and like Scotty said ,you look so very happy!and thats what is really important.
I bet pic number two shows the REAL Hazel..i i have a theory that the fat sort of muffles us..our personality can't show thru,its sort of blurred when we' re carrying extra weight.
Congratulations,you have done so brilliantly well! :like: you truly are an inspiration! X
Big high fives! X X
Ps trying to put a congratulations pic up but it doesnt want to go.....anyway - you're a star!
That is fantastic Hazel20 and so much healthier for you. You are looking brilliant today. Photos seem to have an on going glitch that is slated to be fixed this week, so don't be surprised if it disappears again, mine did!
So very pleased for you m'dear x
You look lovely, a pleasure to see someone so relaxed and happy. Well done :heart:
Good Lord you look fantabulous. 46lb is amazing.
Oh dear, has it gone again? It says "The selected attachment does not exist any more".

Dear dear me.........wish I was more savvy!

I can see the pictures!
You look amazing! Well done!
:like:
Oh no, I'm one of the members that can't see any picture at the moment, including my own avatar, which is no hardship. Hopefully the tech team will get it fixed over the next few days as I can't wait t see your photos.
Oh wow, what a fantastic before and after. Well done you!
38 posts Page 1 of 3