The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

30 posts Page 2 of 2
You have to laugh!
Yes I would def have eaten tons more usually but not a great fast day.
I might have to go to bed early here to stop me nibbling. Not expecting much on the scales tomorrow. Will let you know (not sure where to post!)
Sorry your daughter has been ill. We all had a bad run over the festive season and I had a lovely dose of Norovirus at New Year! Hope she's better soon.
I saw Stonehaven on the news during the flooding. Hope you were ok. Edinburgh seems to have missed all the snow and the flooding. Been a miserable week here though!
Just saw your above post FastJo sorry ! I'm fasting today & struggling although notha anything yet. looking forward to my Quorn Cottage Pie for dinner !! How are you getting on ? I'm going to weigh tomorrow. Yikes !
No prob - posts do get lost. I've missed loads!

Really busy here today working from home so not a bad fast day. Not got anything much in for dinner so it will be eggs and toast which is fine.

Put on 1.5 pounds last week. Hope it was a blip! And hope you do better tomorrow on the scales x
Pants !!! Weighed myself today and haven't lost an ounce since last week :( I even added in saturday as an extra fast day. Now scared that I'll put on in my next two days which are non fast days . I did put on a couple of pounds last week after "feed" days which have come off again since so I have still lost 5lbs over 12 days.
Hi Sheilygee

Well that's similar to me (and my husband) so you're not alone. :)

I'm in my fourth week and have one more fast, Thursday, to do before the 4 week weigh in on Fri.

I lost 4 pounds the first week, 0.5 pounds the second week, put on 1.5 the third week. So a net loss of 3 pounds. But after a sneaky weigh, I know I have lost no more so far this week. So on Friday, expect the same - a net loss of about 3 pounds over 4 weeks.

That's actually not bad and would be 36-ish pounds over a year - I only need to lose about 20 or maybe 28. So by Christmas, I'll be looking good! :D

I think we need to slow down and expect around .5/1 pound loss a week. But it's hard to NOT be impatient, isn't it? Also, MM lost 20 pounds in 5 week in the Horizon programme so there's an expectation of great things!

I think your loss of 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks is fab! :D
That's actually not bad and would be 36-ish pounds over a year - I only need to lose about 20 or maybe 28. So by Christmas, I'll be looking good! :D

Thanks Jo . That's the right way to look at it. I need to stop weighing myself so much though too. So impatient !!! :roll:
I know, me too. My husband was at it this morning and pronounced himself two pounds heavier than last Tues and he didn't eat at all yesterday! :o I suggested he just weigh on Fridays but I'm a fine one to talk! Ha! :lol:

If you keep losing 5 pounds every 12 days there will soon be very little left of you - just the hat (in your pic!) :D
Haha It'll take a while as I've 3 stones to lose ... Think I'm going to change to friday weigh day as I started my fasts on a Thursday. Yours & other 5:2ers encouragement really helps . Thankyou .Not that hungry today after dreaming of what I was going to eat today last night.... Looking forward to Thai Red Curry & a couple glasses of wine tonight though ;)
I really hope we both see a loss and are motivated to keep it up. :)

My husband is wondering about stopping but he doesn't really have any weight to shift.

If I can keep up losing 3 pounds a month I'll be happy. I need to think about tweaking things a bit. Lately I haven't slept well and I think this has affected things as I've been hungrier and taken less exercise.

Only time will tell! In the meantime, let's keep trying :D
Yay another pound down this week. 6 lbs in total since 24th Jan. Slow progress with a few ups and downs at sneaky weighs (which I'm trying to stop ) but moving in the right direction :) Strangely I find myself lighter after my first feast day following a fast rather than the day after the fast day itself ?? (does that make any sense :S )
Well done in losing more weight. I have to wait until Sunday to weigh myself & will be fasting on Friday. I did stand on the scales this morning & had lost one pound so I hope at least that will show up on Sunday.
Good luck until your next weigh in. It is so good to be able to eat normal food & lose weight. I am just off to make a venison casserole for supper. :D
Isis
I'm starting my 2nd offical (I did a 'practise' one last week) fast day tomorrow - I've been intrigued not only by how easy a fast day is but also by how my eating has been in the following 2 days (fasted Tuesday) - Am hoping this is an ongoing thing and not just a newbie experience but I really haven't wanted as much food as normal and am not afraid of getting hungry. Today I realised that if someone said would you like to loose 14 lbs in 14 days - we'd pretty much all say a resounding YES PLEASE! and yet (assuming an average 2lb loss per week) that's exactly what is possible. And I feel if I can't do this 14 times - then i might as well give up ever trying to loose weight and break open the cake tin!
Better make that 14 lb in 28 days cos the average loss is 1 lb per week (2 fasts)!
It is really working for me too
After a tough Fast day yesterday I weighed this morning and have lost 7lbs and nearly 3 inches off my waist since I started 5:2 10 days ago.
I know some of this will go back over the weekend with alcohol, but I am so pleased and really motivated to carry on.

Sian :P
That's great sheilygee. :)

I haven't been on the forum for a while and haven't been able to fast this week - half term, pancake day, valentines (in the end I just abandoned it this week :D ). I found I have missed fasting and keen to get back on it next Monday. Feeling chubbier too ...

Is it just me or are there millions of new members? I think I missed something! :?:
30 posts Page 2 of 2