The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

39 posts Page 1 of 3
Re: At a loss (but not weight)!
16 Jun 2013, 12:47
Ah Izzy, I will let Caroline, Moogie and co give you the advice. All I can do is send loads of hugs. :heart: :hugright: :hugleft: :heart:

Chris xx
16 Jun 2013, 12:48
Izzy (hugs) I know your frustration. Have you tracked your calories? Are you getting at least a couple of days at or above your TDEE? Were you losing weight when you were eating the nuts and seeds? Have you read kencc's thread on NEAT?
16 Jun 2013, 14:34
Do you actually keep a food diary, Izzy? Is there any way you can look back to when you were actually losing so that you can see if you are doing something different?

Its a valid point that maybe a relaxed day when you just eat whatever you fancy can be a good strategy. It fools your body into maintaining a good metabolic rate.
16 Jun 2013, 14:43
Hugs, hope someone comes up with something for you to try. Miffy's and Betsy's suggestion might work. Take Care.
16 Jun 2013, 15:45
Izzy, just a thought but have you had your thyroid checked? I eat very little overall too and I am not losing either ( I have an underactive thyroid ) I am just going to soldier on for a while, but I know it does make you feel very despondent, sending you a hug!!
16 Jun 2013, 16:28
Yes have a hug from me.
16 Jun 2013, 17:15
Just wondered if you do any exercise because I found that after approximately five weeks I just wasn't losing any weight even though I was keeping well within my total recommended weekly calorie allowance, so I got moving! Just walking more often, doing some easy exercises which I posted a link to on another posting and all of the sudden the weight dropped off. Not due to weigh myself for another couple of weeks at least and I feel as if I am within a few lbs of my last weigh-in. I continue to have 3 small meals on a fast day, but try to do some form of exercise every day, even if it's just eg sitting and raising my arms 15 times in front, then at the side, particularly when I am sailing (I live on a yacht). This is the link to the exercises I do http://www.frostmagazine.com/2013/03/ma ... tter-body/
16 Jun 2013, 17:18
Sorry to hear things are still not right.

Your thyroid function can change quite rapidly, and a slow down might be triggered by under eating, so I'd definitely get it checked, but make sure you get t3 and t4 levels checked as well as TSH, because TSH can be normal but t3 (the active hormone) can be low. The docs won't automatically test it off you don't ask for it! Also, I do think an occasional blow out does stimulate thyroid, especially if it includes carbs.

Good luck!
16 Jun 2013, 17:27
Oh Izzy,
I.m so sorry to hear how down you are today, hope this does not last. There is lots of good advice here so I shall send you a great BIG hug :heart: ..........did you catch it? Good, hope tomorrow is a better day for you,

Ballerina x :heart:
16 Jun 2013, 17:32
Izzy, I always struggle when I'm stressed! I believe its to do with cortisol levels. I also find that the harder I try to lose the more my body seems to cling onto its resources! Try not to get too hung up on the weight aspect. Go for healthy eating and chill out a bit. It may well shake it loose again.
16 Jun 2013, 17:35
Miffy, I really think you are so right about the stress and just ignoring all this for a little bit might just do the trick, so, Izzy, go for it girl,

Ballerina x :heart:
16 Jun 2013, 18:11
HI Izzy. Sending you a hug. Lots of good advice above, the only thing I would add is maybe try to move around and/or exercise more. This should get your metabolism going a bit faster. Otherwise, just keep on going, I am sure you will start to see the scales move in the right direction soon. As we all keep saying this is certainly not a "fast" diet, its very slow, but we will all hopefully get there in the end. :clover:
16 Jun 2013, 20:02
Hi Izzy, I read your post looking for advice rather than to give it as my weight hasn't moved in 6 weeks. But over the last few weeks I have been under quite a lot of stress and I've not been sleeping well. I'm hoping that once I get things sorted (and I am beginning to) then I'll start sleeping better and start losing weight. I do agree, from past experience, that getting obsessed about my weight means I don't lose it. Don't give up as you are doing your body good even if you are not losing weight. Hugs :hugleft: :hugright:
16 Jun 2013, 20:14
cortisol is the natural steroid that is mimicked by the steroid drugs, so yes, they can influence weight and insulin resistance, so don't make the carbs a daily thing!
16 Jun 2013, 21:10
izzy wrote: The cream I have with fruit is 2 tablespoons!

Single cream or extra thick cream? (i.e. is it 2 level tablespoons - 30mls - or two heaped ones - 100ml). I ask because I had a friend who used to measure hummus by the tablespoon and wondered why she got fewer servings per tub than she expected. Turns out her tablespoons were much more heaped than she realised.
39 posts Page 1 of 3