The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

8 posts Page 1 of 1
A nice article on exercise
29 Dec 2014, 01:40
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/17/7405451/b ... rfect-body

It's nothing new really, but makes some good points.
Re: A nice article on exercise
29 Dec 2014, 02:20
Great article, thanks for sharing!
29 Dec 2014, 06:17
I found that article kind of reassuring - and loved the throwback to 1960 at the start. Thanks for posting.
19 Jan 2015, 15:09
Good talk that is an hour long (with slides as well) but makes many useful assessments of the current state of knowledge: The Truth about Exercise and Public Health

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42TQNWhW3w#t=806ing
19 Jan 2015, 19:36
Thanks for sharing, @MaryAnn there is so much good common sense in that article. One of the reasons I like running so much is that I can eat and drink (within reason) what I want. Not the case if I was sedentary. I prefer exercise to being on a permanent diet. One of the contributors, Matt Fitzgerald, is one of my favourite writers on running and exercise and weight control. His books are well worth a read, very well written and interesting.
19 Jan 2015, 20:59
Great article, thank you.
19 Jan 2015, 21:21
I think the main thing I need to work on is varying my exercise. I can walk until my feet fall off, but nothing else really interests me. Or rather, I have excuses for everything else. Zumba is too loud, I can't stand the "new age" stuff in Yoga, the weather is never right for kayaking (well, this one is true for right now in Boston!), swimming is boring, etc.
How can I talk myself into doing the other types of activities I theoretically like so that I do mix it up which is so much healthier?
27 Feb 2015, 03:32
Love this article! :) thanks for sharing it :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1