The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

19 posts Page 2 of 2
I clip mine in my bra. You can clip it in your waistband too. Pretty much, the Fitbit One can go anywhere so long as it's on your torso as opposed to on your arm or leg.
jeninboston wrote:

Does anyone know how it does during yoga? Going to try it to tomorrow but I suspect it won't work because its static motion (like bicycling)

I posted this in another thread...
With Fitbit you can log other activities bike riding, yoga, driving, etc. and it will calculate calories for you or you can customize an activity and enter in the time of day you started and length of time and enter calories burned.
Betsysgr8 wrote:
jeninboston wrote:

Does anyone know how it does during yoga? Going to try it to tomorrow but I suspect it won't work because its static motion (like bicycling)

I posted this in another thread...
With Fitbit you can log other activities bike riding, yoga, driving, etc. and it will calculate calories for you or you can customize an activity and enter in the time of day you started and length of time and enter calories burned.

Thanks Betsy, from my experiment today, it doesn't actually track these activities whilst doing them and doesn't tell me how many calories I've used. So in essense, it's like a diary.

What I wanted to find out is how many calories I burn in a 90 minute hot vinyasa yoga - the numbers in myfitnesspal seem low compared to the effort I excert so I will use my polar heart rate monitor and strap next time to get a more accurate number

Btw - well done on your weight loss! I checked your tracker and its looking awesome :grin: :grin:
I created a thread after thinking that Fitbit cant be the only option. Also i felt i wanted a heart monitor with the tracker so it did more than just track activity and calorie burn.. For the expense, and even $100 is not insigificant im doing some deep research into all things tracking.

see thread here exercise-f24/alternative-to-fitbit-t10298.html
19 posts Page 2 of 2