The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

28 posts Page 1 of 2
I purchased one of these yesterday for £39.99 and said so on the fasting thread and so thought I would give a quick review so far. ( This was from a store in England).
I don't have a smartphone but do have an android tablet and it syncs quite happily with that and the app was downloaded at Googleplay. It needed to charge so did that first. Comes with two wrist bands and a belt clip plus a USB clip to charge it with
I used it last night in sleep mode and it tells you how much light and deep sleep you have. It was interesting to see I wake up less than I thought but I stay awake longer than I realised.
I put it into awake mode as I got up and it started to track my steps. It also tells you how many calories you burnt while you were asleep.
The other modes are
Time, Steps, Distance, Calories, Activity Time and Progress. You can also set daily goals and there is an alarm function too. I have found it easy to use so far. There is one button on the unit and you press that to get a progress so far and look at the app for the detail. I have never used a FitBit so can't compare it but so far I like this and can see it will help me.
Does the belt clip mean you can wear it on the hip like my trusty Omron pedometer? I am not convinced wrist devices register steps accurately, which I do care about.
Could you upload a photo please. Having had almost the full set of fitbits over the years (to which I'm an addict) it's good to see that there are others about which are competitively priced. Can you have friends to compare activities with?
I haven't used the clip but it says it can be worn on the hip.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... y-tracker/ is the product detail from the website. I don't think you can compete with friends at the moment but it makes you create a profile so perhaps that is something they may add in the future.
Oooh, thanks for that review. I wonder if they sell them in the US.

I also wonder how well it would work on a belt clip. My husband's fitbit claims it was specifically engineered to track steps only when worn on the wrist. I wonder if that's a marketing ploy or if they really can be work either place.

I do feel that my fitbit One (waist or bra clip-on, not made to be worn on a wrist) tracks more steps than my husband's does. We'll go for a walk together and I'll log maybe 400 more steps in a mile than he does. Some of this will be my shorter height, but I'm only about 3 to 4 inches shorter than he is.
"I dont have a smart phone but do have an android tablet and it syncs quite happily with that and the app was downloaded at Googleplay" ... ( quote)
I have an ipad..is that an android tablet?
So you have to have something to sync with? Sorry i dont know the first thing about fitbits
I' m guessing that you hook the fitbit to smartphone or similar and you get the results on smartphone/ similar? X
CandiceMarie wrote: I have an ipad..is that an android tablet?
So you have to have something to sync with? Sorry i dont know the first thing about fitbits
I' m guessing that you hook the fitbit to smartphone or similar and you get the results on smartphone/ similar? X

An iPad is like an iPhone tablet. An Android tablet is like an Android phone -- different operating system, but same sort of thing. Ish. So they need different app stores.

You don't have to hook it up physically. Or at least you don't hook the fitbit physically to the iPad/phone/tablet. Mine syncs with bluetooth wirelessly
Thanks @brand- ie and @tracieknits x
Ruminating over whether to get one.. :?:
Yes it uses the bluetooth to sync your results and then you can see them on the website on a PC.
It says the app is in the apple app store so have a look and see. The app is Crane connect.
You press buttons at the same time on the Ipad and the tracker and they find each other on the bluetooth, You have to remember to enable the bluetooth on your tablet though or else it doesn't work as I found out yesterday LOL
I've just bought the Aldi activity tracker too. I wore it for the first time yesterday and synched it with my hudl 2 this morning. The only problem I'm having is that the time on the tracker is wrong and I can't find any instructions anywhere about changing the time. Anyone had this problem and can help?
Can't help you with the fitbit time thingy @Jac1 sorry!
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. We have an 'Introduce Yourself' thread which you might want to say hello to else you may get lost amongst this thread. That would be a pity as we're a friendly and helpful bunch.
G'wan, pop over and say hello!
:)
Is the time right on your Hudl. My tracker has the same time as my tablet.
Brand-ie wrote: I haven't used the clip but it says it can be worn on the hip.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... y-tracker/ is the product detail from the website. I don't think you can compete with friends at the moment but it makes you create a profile so perhaps that is something they may add in the future.

Looks like a great piece of kit.
I take it that the scales and heart rate monitor are or have been available too.
There were in the store but I didn't purchase those so cannot comment on them.
Is the Aldi Fitness Tracker water proof or water resistant? Can I wear it swimming/in the shower?
28 posts Page 1 of 2