The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Anyone a wild swimmer?
28 Jun 2014, 07:52
Sea is really warming up now - go on - get out there - you will surprise yourself and it is super for those of us carrying too much weight as all that surplus keeps you a wee bit warmer :) :)
28 Jun 2014, 08:15
I was wondering what a wild simmer was....

I am not but OH is and he's really wild :grin: He swims in the Mediterranean sea 2 to 3 times a week for 10 to 15 km.... :shock: To be fair, he' s a bit of a freak when it comes to things like these, he also do high mountain. That's one of the reason, I guess, he can lose weight really easily
08 Jul 2014, 21:58
Calling all you wild swimmers!
The Daily Mail have just put up an article on the best British wild swimming locations
25 Sep 2014, 13:54
I didn't know this was a 'thing'! Here we swim in the river almost ever day in the summer and also lakes.
25 Sep 2014, 16:11
I'm always on the look out for wild swimmers when I'm out in my sea kayak as they can be pretty tricky to spot - particularly if the water's a bit lumpy. :)

I think the organised distance swimming events in the UK (open water on up) insist on a wet suit if the water temperature is at or < 14C.

I used to swim a couple of miles most days but had to give it up when my knees got too bad - I'm hoping to be able to return to it at some point after they've had their surgical fixes. :)
25 Sep 2014, 16:39
Yes ! I'm a wild swimmer ! I spent the whole summer and most of September swimming in Lac Saint-Cyr (central western France). I can swim for hours without tiring (the tummy fat makes me buoyant) I don't do the crawl, I do side stroke and breast stroke very leisurely, and I just love it.
21 posts Page 2 of 2