The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Researchers have discovered that in cultures where unrefined coconut oil is a part of the everyday diet, there is less obesity and less lifestyle-related disease.

• Secret ingredient in coconut oil that burns fat quickly to fuel the body!

• Coconut oil makes you feel fuller longer and reduces food cravings!

• A “heart friendly oils” decreasing your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

• One TS of coconut oil a day helped a group of women decrease BMI (body mass index) and waist circumference!
Not sure about those claims! But I'm a fan of coconut oil & there are lots of threads on here about it.
BabydollAngel wrote: • Secret ingredient in coconut oil that burns fat quickly to fuel the body!

• Coconut oil makes you feel fuller longer and reduces food cravings!

• A “heart friendly oils” decreasing your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

• One TS of coconut oil a day helped a group of women decrease BMI (body mass index) and waist circumference!

No secret... Saturated fat... And it does NOT boost metabolism...The fat you burn is the fat in the coconut oil.

As usual the product is vastly over hyped.
Nothing in coconut oil "burns fat." The research that claim is based on is poorly designed and all conducted by one researcher.

And even in that research it was found that the only benefits to coconut oil came from REPLACING other fats with it, calorie for calorie.

If you add coconut oil to your diet without subtracting the same amount of calories, you will gain weight.
We like our credible research on this forum so if you want to make wild claims can you please back it up with the links to the relevant materials so forum members can form their own viewpoint. Your post is misleading at best or at worst, a form of advertising.
I do sometimes use coconut oil in cooking and baking but take all its supposed health claims with a large pinch of (sea!) salt. As Isis says, there have been many threads on the subject already so maybe you would like to read those for a more balanced view?
And what effect has using coconut oil had on your own weight loss? People on this forum do like the up close and personal touch of hearing about what has worked for others, in other words personal experiences both good and not so good. I notice you haven't yet posted or shared any details about your own fasting journey on here yet ... we would love to know how you are getting on, after nearly two months on the forum ...
This poster doesn't seem to actually read the forum. She just posts drive-bys and then leaves.
And it's in the wrong (sub)forum!
Not only I agree with all of the above replies, but what the claim "in cultures where coconut oil is used..." is simply ridicolous - of course there are less obesity problems in those cultures - but not because they use coconut oil but because the lifestyle is definetely not a rich western one......
Well I think this poster is *very* new to learning about things related to diet and weight loss and is very susceptible to the sketchy claims made by advertisers. While I'm glad they are enthusiastic about learning about nutrition, I would gently suggest that some skepticism is in order when reading about health. There are a lot of shameless people making a lot of money off of scams that prey on the hopeful. This is most certainly copied from one of those bad guys.

I know this post was reported as spam, but since it's not pointing anyone to any particular product or website designed to take money from anyone, then I'll have to assume it's not spam. Simply someone with good intentions if no skepticism.

Remember, skepticism is a very important part of a healthy diet!! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

ETA: I'm locking this thread, so that it doesn't keep bouncing to the top.
11 posts Page 1 of 1