The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Does anyone Yoga?
08 May 2014, 20:49
Yay! My DDP yoga discs arrived today! I did the 20 minute energiser straight away. Looking forward to getting stuck in now.
08 May 2014, 22:40
I'll do my first class on Wednesday. I tried Pilates once. The teacher told me I was doing it wrong but then didn't help me fix it so I didn't go back.
09 May 2014, 00:07
Sorry to hear that Mary Ann.pilates is wonderful .you just need to find a good teacher.she should have corrected you.
I love my yoga and pilates but really should do some cardio
I tried bikram ,can't say I loved it but they say its great for weight loss and after the class I felt fantastic and slept really well
I do power yoga and ashtanga yoga which really works my body and calms my mind.
I am definitely getting stronger and more flexible
12 May 2014, 10:49
I started doing sun salutations every morning, because I was stiff on getting up. The stiffness went away. I used a DVD. My hip then loosened up. And I thought I was fairly fit... I am now getting into Astanga yoga with a teacher. I love the exercise. It is also a bit like 5:2 dieting, it is easy, you can only stretch as far as you can, and you are meant to be gentle to yourself. No pressure. It calms me down, helps me sleep, yea. Glad you asked!
12 May 2014, 16:07
Glad you like the post Margotsylvia! :-)

I've done three in total of the DDPyoga Energiser and really enjoying it. Certainly feeling more confident now I'm knowing the moves so can concentrate on pushing and perfecting before moving on, but I am following the structured program too. I'm certainly sweating a lot and the heartrate is up where it's supposed to be . Only time will tell if it's working!! :)
24 Jun 2014, 06:56
I checked out the Devonport Yoga class on Monday. I LOVED it! I am going back every week and I even think I will do a Thursday 6.30am - 7.30am class before work on Thursdays. I think it will be wonderful to incorporate yoga with fasting and my work will go a lot easier if I have a yoga class before work. I felt amazing after the class yesterday. It was perfect.
24 Jun 2014, 08:15
Top tip for if you do yoga on fast days and are prone to leg cramps. A little sip of apple cider vinegar before class seems to work!
24 Jun 2014, 08:35
Im like you @margotsylvia in that I've just started doing sun salutations on waking each morning. I also do stomach exercise (anything to reduce the flabby midriff!) I only do a salutation once on each side. Maybe that not enough

:confused:
23 posts Page 2 of 2